BATON ROUGE — ESPN announced Monday that the Advocare Texas Kickoff between LSU and BYU will be relocated to the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans from its original location at NRG Stadium in Houston.
The Advocare Texas Kickoff was relocated due the devastating impact of Hurricane Harvey to Houston and the surrounding areas.
"ESPN had to make a difficult decision and we are well aware of the awful circumstance that led to this move," said LSU Vice Chancellor and Director of Athletics Joe Alleva.
"During the last few days, we were overwhelmed with the outreach by the communities offering to host this event, specifically, Dallas, Jacksonville, Nashville, New Orleans, Orlando and San Antonio," said Derzis.
The LSU ticket office will work in conjunction with AdvoCare Texas Kickoff officials to set up a purchasing structure for that event.
- ESPN finally comes to its senses, schedules Tigers and BYU in the DomeNOLA.com
- Officials move BYU-LSU game to New Orleans' SuperdomeDeseret News
- Rice football takes refuge at TCU after returning from AustraliaNBCSports.com
- LSU-BYU game moving to New Orleans' SuperdomeChron.com
- BYU football players have personal ties to disaster area and relocation siteDaily Herald
- Hurricane Harvey moves LSU-BYU game to Superdome in New OrleansSB Nation
- LSU vs. BYU Moved from Houston to New Orleans Due to Hurricane HarveyBleacher Report
- BYU and LSU to face off in AdvoCare Texas KickoffBYUCougars.com
- Hurricane Harvey will 'almost certainly' force relocation of LSU-BYU college ...Washington Post