The south Texas town took the brunt of Hurricane Harvey's wrath, damaging residential, business and marina areas.
The Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans has been offered to NRG Stadium officials as a possible contingency site for the Advocare Texas Kickoff game between No.
NRG Stadium suffered no structural damage by the storm, Thornton said, but it was placed on lock down as the streets and highways around it in Houston were flooded along with all other major roads.
It is a neutral site game put together by ESPN and Lone Star Sports & Entertainment of Houston, which operates the Advocare Texas Kickoff.
The Saints had to move all of their home games from the Superdome in New Orleans to Baton Rouge and San Antonio, in 2005 as the dome's roof was ripped off by Katrina winds, and the Sugar Bowl that year was played to Atlanta.
- Orlando reportedly a possible host for BYU-LSU gameOrlando Sentinel
- Nashville, Orlando join New Orleans as potential sites for LSU-BYU relocationThe Advocate
- Hurricane Harvey 'almost certainly' moving LSU-BYU from Houston, but where to?SB Nation
- Hurricane Harvey aftermath could move BYU-LSU game, report saysYahoo Sports
- LSU football countdown Day 5: Tigers stamped their returns 'TD' vs. North TexasNOLA.com
- Bayou Bengal Briefing: What are LSU's options if it can't play in Houston on ...SECcountry.com
- LSU Tigers podcast: Joe Alleva should not be bashed for LSU-BYU relocationSECcountry.com
- Several cities reportedly in consideration to host LSU-BYU season openerSaturday Down South
- Coach O gets his shotAmerican Press