Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas coast over the weekend, causing widespread flooding and devastation in the region.
Due to flooding and severe weather, flights in and out of Houston’s William P Hobby (HOU) and Bush International (IAH) airports have been grounded until further notice.
Southwest (LUV) passengers can change their reservations for flights into and out of Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, Harlingen and San Antonio for free.
To help raise money for recovering efforts, United will provide up to 3 million bonus miles to MileagePlus members who donate to hurricane relief organizations.
As people continue to evacuate, six U-Haul companies in Texas will provide free U-Box containers, which offer dry storage and can be locked for security.
- Harvey: Houston airports remain closed, cancellations top 5000USA TODAY
- Houston's Bush Airport Closed Until ThursdayWall Street Journal (subscription)
- Southwest Airlines race against the sun to fly 500 stranded passengers out of ...Daily Mail
- Houston Bush, Hobby airports closed by floodingNBC4i.com
- Galveston Cruises, Houston Flights Halt In Hurricane Harvey's WakeTravel Market Report
- Harvey storm leads to thousands of canceled flights nationwide, including LAXKABC-TV
- Southwest Airlines rescues stranded customers in HoustonThe Hill (blog)
- Torrential Rain In Houston Causes Delays, Cancellations At LAXCBS Los Angeles
- Southwest Airlines flew stranded travelers out of Houston for freeThe Week Magazine