Kizer has been Cleveland's best quarterback through the first two weeks of the Preseason, going 19 of 31 for 258 yards and a touchdown and easily outperforming veteran Brock Osweiler and second-year passer Cody Kessler .
If the plan is to let Osweiler -- or Kessler -- face a pretty tough stretch and then ease Kizer into the job in Week 5 when the Browns host the woeful Jets, we can understand that.
Giants receiver Odell Beckham is not expected to see the field on Saturday after suffering an ankle sprain Monday that could reportedly keep him out of action in Week 1 of the regular season.
Unlike with the Patriots receiver, Ware is expected to have avoided a torn ACL, but if his injury turns out to be just a knee sprain, it's still possible he'll be sidelined several weeks into the regular season, opening the door for Kareem Hunt .
On Thursday, no one was able to grab hold of the Jaguars starting quarterback reins in an uneven performance for both Chad Henne and Blake Bortles , Jay Cutler second game with the Dolphins was also filled up and downs and Carson Wentz look great during his work with the first-team offense.
- Ranking the 10 best NFL players in New York right nowNew York Post
- Jets keep giving Christian Hackenberg chances to win the starting jobYahoo Sports
- New York Giants players to watch: preseason week threeGears Of Biz
- Odell Beckham Jr. misses Giants-Jets with ankle injuryYahoo Sports
- Giants Vs. Jets, Live Updates: Bragging Rights On Line In Annual MetLife BowlBig Blue View
- 3 Giants to keep an eye on Saturday night in preseason game vs. JetsNew York Daily News
- Expect Sterling Shepard to take step forward this seasonFanRag Sports (blog)
- Catching up with ex-Jets turned GiantsJets Wire
- Claiborne, Mauldin Won't Play for Jets vs. Giantsnewyorkjets.com