If tradition holds, that’s the last we will see of most of the Carolina starters until Sept. 10 in the regular-season opener at San Francisco, as head coach Ron Rivera generally benches everyone significant for the final Preseason game.
Carolina Panthers wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin (13) somersaults into the end zone for a touchdown against Jacksonville Thursday night.
Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly (59) has had a low-profile and effective preseason after missing the final six games of the 2016 regular season due to a concussion.
The Panthers’ new defensive coordinator called for a risky blitz in the final minute on a late fourth-down, fourth-quarter play as Jacksonville tried to drive for a game-winning field goal.
Worley allowed a 37-yard pass over his head Thursday night and would have given up another one of similar length but for the fact that the open Jacksonville receiver dropped it.
- Cam Newton 'ready to go' for 2017 after one preseason seriesESPN (blog)
- Newton perfect in preseason debut, Panthers edge Jags 24-23ABC News
- Cam Newton and the Panthers' first team offense make it look easy in JacksonvilleCat Scratch Reader (blog)
- Cam Newton wanted to play more, for once they didn't let himNBCSports.com
- Cam Newton marches Carolina down field in 10-play TD drive, exitsESPN
- NFL notes: Cam Newton perfect in preseason debutLos Angeles Times
- Rapid Reactions: Happy returns in JacksonvillePanthers.com
- Cam Newton's preseason debut for Panthers is just one series and two passesYahoo Sports
- Panthers rave over 'unbelievable' Kelvin BenjaminNFL.com