Real Salt Lake demolished the San Jose Earthquakes by a score of 4-0, thanks to goals from Luis Silva, Jefferson Savarino, Albert Rusnak, and Yura Movsisyan as they inch closer to the red line in the Western Conference table.
That hard work from the attacking side paid off in the 29th minute when Luis Silva tallied his fourth goal of the season, and his third in just three games.
After Plata had another great chance that forced Tarbell to make a diving save, the ref blew the whistle for halftime and the first 45 minutes ended with RSL enjoying a 1-0 lead.
Things got worse for the Earthquakes when Anibal Godoy got his second yellow and was sent off the field after Petrescu called him for a foul on Rusnak near the midfield line.
The post made a big save for the Quakes yet again in the 63rd minute, but this time it was from a Luke Mulholland shot that narrowly missed the back of the net.
- RSL vs San Jose: What we learnedRSL Soapbox
- Earthquakes-Real Salt Lake, SumsWTOP
- RSL: Real Salt Lake face must-win against San JoseMLS Multiplex
- Real Salt Lake vs. San Jose Earthquakes: TV schedule, kickoff time, live ...RSL Soapbox
- Savarino, Rusnak, Movsisyan each score in 2nd half, RSL winsFresno Bee