The system feels like a faithful — if miniaturized — re-creation of the retro console that’s no greater than the sum of its parts, but it’s still worth it for those folks who want to hop in a time machine back to the early ’90s.
The scenarios are procedurally generated, or at least selected from a large number of potential options — it was hard to tell from limited exposure.
In a minor change, it’s also possible customize the background wallpaper that the Snes Classic uses to pad out the difference between its narrower format games and today’s widescreen televisions.
(While games for the SNES were programmed in a largely square format, televisions of that era stretched the consoles’ pixels into rectangles.)
- We Played SNES Classic And It Has Rewind NowKotaku
- SNES Classic Pre-Orders Went Live On Best Buy's Website, Sold Out Within MinutesForbes
- Nintendo's second 'Classic' console is better, but not perfectEngadget
- The SNES Classic has a great trick for beating difficult Nintendo gamesThe Verge
- SNES Classic Mini Preorder GuideIGN
- SNES Classic Size Comparison GalleryGameSpot
- Star Fox 2 Hands-On PreviewIGN
- SNES Classic Hands-On: I Hope I Can Buy OneIGN
- SNES Classic Hands-on: Why Nintendo's Second Retro Console Will Have More ...USgamer