When it’s paid, and the amount is reported by state officials, it will be the first confirmation of how much money is being raised for education in Nevada.
“From seed to sale -- the state received information on every product, from the time it’s a seed, to the time it’s a sale,” said Riana Durrett, executive director of the Nevada Dispensary Association.
During the first few days of legal sales in July, the excise tax raised big money, according to Durrett.
“The tax revenue alone was around a million dollars, but that was a unique situation where it had just become legal, and it was Fourth of July weekend,” she said.
- Nevada pot stores to get more productPueblo Chieftain
- Appeal holds Nevada recreational pot distribution licensingLas Vegas Review-Journal
- Nevada's cannabis sales start has changed the legal landscapeThe Cannabist
- Nevada judge clears way for expanded marijuana distributionNew Jersey Herald
- Nevada Tax Commission to hear pot ruling Aug. 29Nevada Appeal
- Nevada Court Rules Against Liquor Wholesalers in Cannabis Distribution CaseGanjapreneur
- Nevada's marijuana industry is a messMotley Fool
- Nevada Court Lifts Block On Marijuana Wholesalers Because Stores Desperately ...Consumerist
- The Latest: Nevada judge clears way for more pot licensesNew Jersey Herald