Boldin put the trips together, Jenkins was on both, and combined they were joined by Glover Quin, Josh McCown, Andrew Hawkins and Johnson Bademosi, plus former player Donte Stallworth.
Jenkins has met with the police commissioner of Philadelphia, campaigned for recently-elected city district attorney Larry Krasner and spoken at length with elected officials in Pennsylvania, his home state of New Jersey and in Ohio, where he played in college.
But Smith has made his biggest impact on Twitter, promoting policing reform bills in Congress and sparring with fans — and, this past week, Fox Sports’ Jason Whitlock — over how active athletes should be on societal issues, if at all.
For Boldin, that means south Florida and his hometown of Pahokee, near Palm Beach — the region in which, in October 2015, his cousin, Corey Jones, was killed by an officer in a roadside incident.
Boldin testified about this before a Congressional forum and later spoke to the two senators who sponsored the police reform bill, New Jersey's Cory(cq) Booker and Maryland's Chris Van Hollen.
- Eagles' Chris Long on anthem embrace: 'I'm here to show support as a white ...CBSSports.com
- Chris Long on anthem protest support: 'Time for people that look like me' to ...Yahoo Sports
- Chris Long Has Malcolm Jenkins's Back In Anthem ProtestDeadspin
- Philadelphia Eagle Chris Long supports teammate Malcolm Jenkins during anthem ...WJLA
- Malcolm Jenkins and Chris Long's national anthem moment show a unity this ...Billy Penn
- Why Chris Long Put Arm Around Malcolm Jenkins During National Anthem ProtestNESN.com
- Stick to sports at Eagles games? If only that were possible | Marcus HayesPhilly.com
- Eagles' Chris Long Joins Malcolm Jenkins as NFL Anthem Protests ContinueNew York Times
- Eagles' Chris Long wraps arm around Jenkins during anthem protest, says time ...New York Daily News