North Carolina has wrapped up a two-day hearing with an Ncaa infractions committee panel that will decide whether the school faces penalties tied to its multi-year academic scandal.
They returned Thursday morning for a second session lasting about 4½ hours with the panel that will determine whether UNC faces penalties such as fines, probation or vacated wins and championships.
UNC has challenged the NCAA’s jurisdiction, saying its accreditation agency — which sanctioned the school with a year of probation — was the proper authority and that the NCAA was overreaching in what should be an academic matter .
On Thursday afternoon, Brad Underwood, the new head coach of Illinois, was invited to Wrigley Field to throw out the first pitch and sing ‘Take Me Out To The Ball Game’ during the seventh inning stretch.
AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco announced Wednesday that Dickies Arena in Fort Worth has been selected to host the tournament for three years, starting in March 2020.
- The NCAA vs. North Carolina heads to a familiar phase -- waitingESPN
- The scandal's newest chapterThe Daily Tar Heel
- After hearing, UNC now awaits NCAA ruling in academic caseMiami Herald
- NC State apologizes for Mr. Wuf's social media jab at UNC and its NCAA hearingNews & Observer
- UNC's hearing with NCAA concludesWTVD-TV
- UNC academic case finally reaches NCAA infractions hearingNew Jersey Herald
- Waiting 14 and a half hours only to wait longerWRALSportsFan.com
- What UNC and the NCAA are likely discussing behind closed doors in NashvilleNews & Observer
- UNC's NCAA Committee on Infractions hearing ends after nearly 15 hours of ...News & Observer