The instant access that the companies gain to supercomputing with just a swipe of the card is what Cycle Computing has contributed to majorly.
The company was in limelight in 2012 when their technology transformed Amazon’s then budding Web Services into a supercomputer boasting the equal of 50,000 discrete computers.
Microsoft Make’s a Brilliant AcquisitionScientists had used Cycle’s software to run their apps across tens of thousands of virtual computers in data centers of Amazon.
Some of the customers that Cycle Computing presently have are MetLife, Novartis, Pacific Life and other insurance, media, manufacturing, and biotech companies.
Cycle Computing had started with just about $8,000 credit card 12 years back says CEO and founder Jason Stowe and they never raised funds.
- Microsoft acquires Cycle Computing in high-performance cloud pushReseller News
- Microsoft just made a brilliant acquisition in the cloud wars against Amazon ...Business Insider
- Microsoft acquires cloud-computing orchestration vendor Cycle ComputingZDNet
- Microsoft Just Beefed Up Its Computing SmartsFortune
- Microsoft acquires Cycle ComputingTechCrunch
- Microsoft (MSFT) Acquires HPC Start-up Cycle ComputingYahoo Finance UK
- Microsoft reveals future of Azurewww.computing.co.uk
- Microsoft to open new Azure regions in Australia in public sector pushComputerWeekly.com
- Expect service providers to ease Azure Stack deploymentTechTarget