Cubs manager Joe Maddon expects to be fined after his ejection, subsequent actions and comments Wednesday night in the ninth inning of a 7-6 win over the Reds .
"I don’t know what to say about that call," said Maddon, who was irate that a pitch from Wandy Peralta that struck Ben Zobrist on the left calf was ruled a strike by first base umpire Chris Conroy during a sacrifice situation.
See more videos Maddon had a heated argument with Conroy and other members of the umpire crew after getting ejected.
"I guess (home plate umpire Ryan Blakney) wanted me to pull the bat back, but there was nowhere for me to go," Zobrist said.
Pitcher John Lackey felt the call necessitated Maddon's fury.
- Cubs win on wild pitch after Rizzo hits slam in firstThe State Journal-Register
- After Blowing Big Lead, Cubs Top Reds On Walk-Off Wild PitchCBS Chicago
- Maddon ejected; Chicago Cubs win on wild pitchChicago Daily Herald
- Joey Votto's historic streak comes to an end with Cubs walk-off dashSporting News
- Levine: Kris Bryant Heats Up As Cubs Need Offensive Production The MostCBS Chicago
- Lackey looks good; Cubs win on wild pitchChicago Daily Herald
- Cubs' Lester looks to stay hot versus RedsYahoo Sports
- Votto has big fans among Chicago CubsChicago Daily Herald
- Cubs nail-biter...Dodgers edge White Sox...Astros getting their shine backWCTI12.com