President Donald Trump said on Twitter on Wednesday morning that "Amazon is doing great damage to Tax Paying Retailers."
"Is Fake News Washington Post being used as a lobbyist weapon against Congress to keep Politicians from looking into Amazon no-tax monopoly?"
The Washington Post is owned by Jeff Bezos, the CEO of Amazon.
In 2015, Trump tweeted that if Amazon "ever had to pay fair taxes, its stock would crash and it would crumble like a paper bag."
CNN host Brian Stelter suggested that Trump's most recent attack on Amazon could be related to a headline in The Post.
- Trump rips Amazon, says it causes 'great damage to tax paying retailers ...CNBC
- Trump accuses Amazon of hurting 'tax paying retailers'Politico
- Trump: Amazon is hurting local retailersWashington Times
- Trump attacks Amazon for 'doing great damage' to retailersCNET
- Trump, in tweet, again blasts Amazon over taxes, jobseuronews
- Amazon Shares Fall After Trump Says It Hurts RetailersBloomberg
- Trump claims Amazon is causing "great damage"CBS News
- Trump lashes out at Amazon over taxes, jobsFinancial Times
- Trump Fires Off, Says Amazon Doing 'Great Damage' to RetailersTheStreet.com