Duke was already in better shape than either of those teams, and now the Blue Devils are a notch above Arizona, Michigan State, Kansas and any other candidate for the top spot.
The lefty averaged 25.5 points, 14.7 rebounds and 3.0 blocks on the Nike EYBL circuit this past spring and summer with the Phoenix Phamily AAU program.
Wendell Carter was the best power forward in the 2017 class before Bagley reclassified, and he gives Duke a go-to guy in the post to balance the offense.
1 freshman shooting guard in Gary Trent Jr., one of the best scorers in high school basketball the past couple seasons.
He can take -- and make -- contested jumpers, and he should find plenty of space on the perimeter with Duval and Allen attacking off the bounce.
- Coach K made top recruit Marvin Bagley a Blue Devil, now must turn him into a ...Sporting News
- Marvin Bagley picks Duke, vaulting the Blue Devils into national title contentionYahoo Sports
- Ex-Tempe high school star Marvin Bagley picks DukeArizona Daily Star
- No. 1 player Marvin Bagley III picks Duke, will reclassify to 2017USA TODAY High School Sports
- College basketball rankings: Duke jumps up to No. 1 after landing Marvin BagleyCBSSports.com
- 2017-18 College Basketball Preseason Top 25NBCSports.com
- Bagley chooses Duke, could make Blue Devils preseason No. 1ABC News
- No. 1 recruit in nation Marvin Bagley commits to Duke, may play this seasonCBSSports.com
- Marvin Bagley III announces he's heading to Duke, but it won't be in 2018News & Observer