The Yankees left-hander threw a bullpen session before Monday's Subway Series opener against the New York Mets and said his right knee felt much better.
Sabathia left a start at Toronto in pain last Tuesday with knee inflammation.
He threw about 30 pitches Monday and plans to throw another bullpen in a few days.
With Sabathia and right-hander Masahiro Tanaka on the disabled list, right-hander Luis Cessa was recalled from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre to start against the Mets on Monday and left-hander Caleb Smith was optioned to the Triple-A farm team.
The Arizona Diamondbacks put outfielder David Peralta on the paternity leave list after the birth of his first child.
- Girardi on win vs. MetsMLB.com
- MLB Monday scores, highlights, updates, news: Devers stays hot with two homersCBSSports.com
- Mets aim to play spoiler against Yankees in Subway SeriesNew York Daily News
- Rafael Montero throws six innings of two-run ball in 4-2 loss to the YankeesNorthJersey.com
- A Pair of Aarons, Judge and Hicks, Homer to Propel the Yankees Past the MetsNew York Times
- Judge, Hicks, Sanchez homer to lift Yankees over Mets 4-2ABC News
- Subway Series: Aaron Hicks' go-ahead home run in 8th lifts Yankees over MetsNewsday
- Subway Series: Aaron Judge strikes out twice but also hits tying homer in ...Newsday
- Luis Cessa leaves Yankees game early with a 'right rhomboid' injuryNew York Daily News