The graphics chip will be utilizing the latest 14nm GFX9 core architecture which is based on the NCU (Next Compute Engine) design and measures approximately 484mm2.
There is a single blower fan that pushes air towards a large isothermic vapor chamber and out of the assembly and through the exhaust vents on the I/O which also feature a HDMI and triple DisplayPort connectors.
In 3DMark Firestrike Ultra, the card produced better results than a GTX 1080 Founders Edition while in the performance preset, only the Liquid model bested the GeForce counterpart.
In gaming, the only title where the Radeon RX Vega 64 was able to give a conclusive beating to the GTX 1080 FE was Battlefield 1 while Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Civilization VI, Metro Last Light Redux, Rise of The Tomb Raider and Titanfall 2 showed GTX 1080 as the best solution for gaming at a price that was $200 US cheaper than the liquid cooled model.
Do note that I am comparing the liquid cooling model with the GTX 1080 FE as only it manages to stay on par with the GeForce rival and maintains a more consistent clock rate while consuming over 350-400W of power.
- Sapphire RX Vega 64 Graphics Cards Now Available (video)Geeky Gadgets
- AMD RX Vega 64 and RX 56 aggregate benchmarks leak ahead of launchDigit
- AMD RX Vega 56 and Vega 64 Final Aggregate Performance Benchmark Leaked ...Wccftech
- AMD Radeon RXVega launches later todayRedShark News
- AMD RX Vega 56 and RX Vega 64 Final Aggregate Performance LeakedThe Tech Bulletin
- Dead Vega 64 GPU Found In AMD Radeon RX Vega BoxGears Of Biz
- AMD Vega RX 56 With Triple-Fans Surfacesguru3d.com (press release)
- Gigabyte lists its Radeon RX Vega graphics cardsHEXUS
- AMD Radeon Vega 56 triple-fan has been picturedOcaholic.ch