Los Angeles Rams quarterback Jared Goff should be thrilled to have Sean McVay, rather than Jeff Fisher, as his head coach and Sammy Watkins as one of his receivers.
As for Goff, who took a fearsome pounding during seven winless starts for the Rams last year, there was great news Friday: Wide receiver Sammy Watkins had been acquired from Buffalo.
Good stuff ... Once Carolina QB Cam Newton (shoulder surgery) gets healthy, coach Ron Rivera wants him to tone down his run-with-abandon style and embrace the pocket.
Before Sean Doolittle closed out the Washington Nationals’ victory over Miami with a strong ninth inning Thursday night, another ex-Oakland reliever, Ryan Madson , looked even more dominant, throwing 100 mph fastballs and lowering his ERA to 1.71.
“I’ll put him up against anybody with his stuff right now” ... Advertising patches will be part of uniform attire for every NBA team this season, placed unobtrusively beneath the left shoulder and nothing compared to the absurd sellouts in soccer, where the sponsor appears in huge lettering across the front.
- No Country for Colin KaepernickThe Atlantic
- Colin Kaepernick pays price of standing up for justiceThe Electronic Intifada (blog)
- The NFL's cowardly ownersChicago Tribune
- Olympic protest pioneer backs blackballed KaepernickThe Philadelphia Tribune
- Kaepernick, Apathy, And White America. Signed, A White Man.News One
- Michael Vick's wife refused sex over Kaepernick commentsThe Grio
- It's Time To Have An Honest Conversation About Colin KaepernickThe Daily Caller
- THE LAST WORD: IS it discrimination to judge Kaepernick off the field?News Sentinel
- WaPo Writer Just Accidentally Made the Perfect Case for Why Kaepernick Is ...Independent Journal Review