Quarterback Matt Moore , who started, played one series behind a makeshift offensive line missing four projected starters from two weeks ago — center Mike Pouncey (hip), left tackle Laremy Tunsil (personal reason), right tackle Ja’Wuan James (unknown) and left guard Ted Larsen (biceps), who will be out for weeks.
Running back Jay Ajayi (concussion) and safety Nate Allen (unknown) were other starters who didn’t play.
Atlanta wide receiver Julio Jones (foot) didn’t play as he’s still recovering from offseason surgery.
Falcons defensive end Takkarist McKinley, the first-round pick from UCLA, also didn’t play.
McMillan suffered a knee injury on the opening kickoff, and safety Walt Akins hurt his back early in the game.
- 5 players to watch against the DolphinsAtlanta Journal Constitution
- Falcons to hold McKinley out of first exhibition gameMyAJC (blog)
- Dolphins-Falcons: Several key players sitting out first preseason gameMyPalmBeachPost (blog)
- 8 Falcons Thoughts & Questions For Preseason Game 1 In MiamiCBS Atlanta
- Dolphins Battle NFC Champion Falcons In Preseason OpenerCBS Miami
- Falcons vs. Dolphins: Biggest storylinesThe Falcoholic
- Matt Ryan's game plan for the DolphinsAtlanta Journal Constitution
- Predicting the outcome and key moments from Falcons vs. DolphinsThe Falcoholic
- Dolphins message-sending to Jordan Phillips may continue in preseason gameMiami Herald (blog)