GREEN BAY – The Packers had a big second quarter and added one more score late in a 24-9 victory over the Eagles in the preseason opener on Thursday night at Lambeau Field.
The Eagles picked up a first down on a 6-Yard pass to WR Jordan Matthews, but LB Nick Perry followed with an 8-yard sack, and moments later CB Damarious Randall left the game with an injury.
Two run stops pushed the Eagles back 3 yards, but on third-and-13, QB Carson Wentz avoided what looked like a sure sack by LB Clay Matthews and found WR Mack Hollins over the middle.
RB Jamaal Williams carried three times for 10 yards, WR Geronimo Allison moved the chains on a 10-yard slant, and Hundley fired a beautiful 20-yard TD pass to Janis between two defenders with 8:25 left in the half.
The Eagles got close to scoring range on a 38-yard pass to Treggs, but TE Billy Brown, while getting held up by King, fumbled on a big hit from LB Blake Martinez .
- Eagles' Carson Wentz, first-team defense shine in preseason loss to PackersPhilly.com
- Eagles-Packers: 10 ObservationsNBC 10 Philadelphia
- Instant Replay: Packers 24, Eagles 9NBC 10 Philadelphia
- Eagles Trail 17-6 At Halftime After Sloppy Second QuarterPhiladelphiaEagles.com
- Eagles rookie Derek Barnett impresses in his NFL preseason debutPhilly.com
- Wentz off to perfect start, but Eagles lose 24-9Press of Atlantic City
- WATCH: Eagles' Carson Wentz throws impressive touchdown to Mack Hollins vs ...NJ.com
- Wentz, Barnett shine for Eagles, and other observationsThe News Journal
- Eagles lead 6-0 after one quarterPackers.com