The closure announcement comes on the heels of video footage of the rodent sighting went viral after a Chipotle customer posted it on Twitter.
Quinn Kelsey, communications and public relations manager for Chipotle, issued a statement Thursday to International Business Times about the closing.
"We have temporarily closed the Chipotle restaurant in Dallas’ historic West End District at 208 North Market Street so we can continue to thoroughly assess the construction of this 100-year-old building," Kelsey told IBT.
A norovirus outbreak also plagued the fast food chain in July, which CNN reported that a sick employee was responsible for spreading the infection at a Virginia location.
- Chipotle closes Dallas restaurant where mice were spottedCNNMoney
- Chipotle closes Dallas restaurant where diners filmed three 'RATS' falling ...Daily Mail
- Chipotle shuts down location in Texas where mice were seenmySanAntonio.com
- Chipotle shuts down location in Dallas where mice 'fell from ceiling'Chicago Tribune
- Chipotle Closed a Dallas Location Because of MiceGrub Street
- Chipotle Closes Dallas Restaurant Seen in Viral Rodent VideoU.S. News & World Report
- After rodent video goes viral, Chipotle temporarily shuts down Dallas restaurantDenver Business Journal
- Chipotle closes Dallas restaurant after rodent sightingsTribune-Review
- Dallas Chipotle That Rained Mice Temporarily Closes To Check Over BuildingConsumerist