The upcoming multiplayer DLC for Final Fantasy XV , Comrades, isn't ready for prime time just yet, evidenced by the most recent closed beta test that resulted in a lot of server problems.
This included a statement that the developers are doing their best to make sure things run nice and smooth before the official launch, so folks should "keep an eye out for further updates."
For folks who have been picking at the bones of FFXV since December after playing through all of the single player content, Comrades will come as a breath of fresh air since it is a cooperative multiplayer expansion for the game.
Squads can be four deep, and all of those new multiplayer quests will be complemented by the usual dose of new weapons, gear, fighting styles and the like.
And for you FFXV purists, Square Enix has stated that a future patch boasting the game's main cast will eventually arrive, too.
- Over 10m people have played Final Fantasy 14Eurogamer.net
- Final Fantasy XIV Has Surpassed 10 Million Players WorldwideDualShockers
- Latest Patch Notes, PAX West Plans & 10M PlayersMMORPG.com (press release) (registration) (blog)
- Final Fantasy XIV Exceeds 10 Million Players WorldwideTwinfinite
- FFXIV Has Surpassed 10 Million Players, is Now Top 10 Subscriber-Based MMO in ...Game Revolution
- PS4 Exclusive Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Gets New 1080p ScreenshotsDualShockers
- Final Fantasy XIV tops 10 million cumulative playersGematsu
- Another Final Fantasy 15 Comrades Beta Coming, But You Need To Download It NowGameSpot
- Final Fantasy XIV Tops 10 Million Players Worldwide, Patch 4.06 Now LiveHardcore Gamer