LiCausi said her phone was held by a “chaperone” the entire time she was on the 2013 season of The Bachelor , but during flights and car rides some producers would lend iPads or iPods to contestants so they could listen to music: “The producers’ obligation was to keep us from being distracted from life itself and focus on what we were there for, to meet our future husband.”
I asked Maguire if he thought this inability to seek private moments contributed to the drama on The Bachelorette or Bachelor in Paradise , reasoning that being forced to stay put and continue an uncomfortable conversation might escalate tense situations.
The book, and the emotionally abusive behavior described in it, became the crux of one of the season’s major dramas, following Josh as he pursued single mom Amanda Stanton and continued butting heads with Nick.
Other than these expertly timed run-ins with the edge of the reality TV bubble, it seems ABC milks most of its drama out of contestants by setting them into a world apart, and providing little opportunity to step away from intense feelings.
I appreciate a good opportunity to bond and form summer camp-inspired friendships, but the best way to do that is around a box of obscure, novelty-flavor Oreos and one of those Walmart bargain bin two-for-one John Hughes DVDs.
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Faces Uncertain Future Amid Production ShutdownVariety
- Everything Bachelor Nation Is Saying About Bachelor in Paradise's Production ...E! Online
- What's Next After the Bachelor in Paradise Debacle: Why This May Have to Be ...E! Online
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside 'Bachelor in Paradise' Fallout After Incident Between ...Entertainment Tonight
- What Really Caused 'Bachelor in Paradise' to Shut Down ProductionYahoo Food
- John Oliver and Lord Buckethead recap the British election and what it means ...Los Angeles Times
- The Bustle Huddle: What Bustle's Editors Are Talking About On June 12Bustle
- Bachelor in Paradise Contestant Speaks Out After Scandal: 'We Knew Something ...PEOPLE.com
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Cast Sent Home Amid Probe as ABC Mulls CancellationHollywood Reporter