The Dodgers held their fourth annual Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation Blue Diamond Gala at Dodger Stadium last night, and by all accounts fun was had by all. John Legend provided the entertainment
Photos above via @Dodgers on twitter. You can check out even more pics by using the hashtag #LADFGala on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1940 the Dodgers made one of the biggest trades in their history. They received 1937 Triple Crown winner Joe "Ducky" Medwick and pitcher Curt Davis from the Cardinals for outfielder Ernie Koy, pitcher Carl Doyle, two minor leaguers and $125k in cash (a huge sum in those days). The Dodgers would win the pennant the following season for the first time since 1920. In 1955 Don Newcombe, having won his first ten decisions of the season, lost his first game of the year when Brooklyn loses to the Cubs, 9-5. In 2005 first baseman Hee-Seop Choi hit home runs in his first three at-bats this evening against the Twins to propel the Dodgers over Minnesota, 4-3. Watch all three here.
- Happy Birthday, Jack O'Brein, Roger Bernadina & Damon Hollins!
- Audio: Paul LoDuca joined the Petros and Money Show to weigh in on the Dodgers and recap the Triple Crown winner (Audio Link).
- Podcast: Dodgers Digest -- ‘Dugout Blues’ episode 234 – Stripling/Muncy great, injuries, draft (Podcast Link).
- Video: Per ABC7.com; "Dodger Stadium aerial tram proposal moving forward."
- It's All Star Ballot time. Go here to vote for your 2018 All-Stars.
- BTW, is leading the Dodger charge. Per Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "Kemp leads, Bellinger needs boost in ASG vote."
- ICYMI: Caleb Ferguson is being called up to pitch tonight's game and Kenta Maeda will pitch on Wednesday, via a tweet from David Vassegh.
- Via Pedro Moura at The Athletic (subs. req.); “He’s blessed with an arm”: Three opposing hitters on what it’s like to face Walker Buehler.
“The two things I look at with a guy who first comes up is how often he gets foul balls or swings and misses, and whether or not he stays in the strike zone, meaning: Is he just going to hand you a walk? Is he going to hand you a base?” Reds first baseman Joey Votto said. “He doesn’t seem to have that, and he does seem to be getting a lot of swings and misses and foul balls. That’s a really good start.”
- Today's Baseball America Prospect Report makes note of shortstop Gavin Lux:
Lux went 4-for-5 with a double and a walk last night as he raised his slash line to .311/.397/.516.
- Via Mike Lindskog at MiLB.com; "Six All-Stars for Quakes in 2018!"
Of the six players, four of them will be in the starting lineup, as Gavin Lux will start at shortstop, Rylan Bannon will start at third base, Connor Wong will be the starting catcher and Logan Landon will man one of the starting outfield spots.
- I thought this was cool to find out, via a tweet from David Vassegh:
Charlie Culberson just told me he wears #16 with #Braves for Andre Ethier. He appreciated Ethier as a teammate. #Dodgers pic.Twitter.com/0j00pwQJWh— David Vassegh (@THEREAL_DV) June 9, 2018
- This is the weirdest thing ever. Via Bob D'Angelo at Sports Collectors Daily; "No Retreads: Topps, Adidas Create Cleats Inspired By Baseball Cards." Pics below via Pablo Murphy on twitter.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *