Children (Colossians 3: 20)
20Children, Obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing to the Lord.
- Children have rights but they also have responsibilities and their foremost responsibility is to obey their parents.
- If a child does not learn how to obey his/her parents they will not likely obey other authorities (teachers, police, employers, etc..).
- The motive for children obeying their parents is that it pleases God.
Employees (Colossians 3: 22-25)
22Bondservants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in sincerity of heart, fearing God. 23And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, 24knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for£ you serve the Lord Christ. 25But he who does wrong will be repaid for what he has done, and there is no partiality.
- Christian workers should be the best employees.
- We are working for the Lord and not just our employer.
- We should be productive whether the boss is in or out.
- Our reward will come from God, even if our bosses overlook us for recognition or promotion.
- God will also punish us for doing our employers wrong even if the employer is not aware of the action.