The error message (listed below) will occur on store submission if you use Visual Studio 2017 (pre-update 5 version 15.4 or older) to generate the .appxupload file as outlined in the documentation https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/guides/native-messaging).
"Package acceptance validation error: Apps converted with the Desktop Bridge and that require the .NET Native framework must be pre-compiled by the .NET Native tool chain.”
The workaround listed below will resolve this issue.
- Generate the package with Visual Studio. This will produce both an .appxupload file and a folder with the _Test suffix.
- Ignore the .appxupload file produced by Visual Studio 2017 version 15.4.
- Create a new zip file and add the four files (listed below) from the _Test folder created in step.
- the 3 .appxysym files
- the .appxbundle file
- Rename the zip by changing the extension to .appxupload from .zip.
- Uploaded this separately created appxupload file to the store.
This issue is reported to have been fixed in Update 5 for Visual Studio 2017 (https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/releasenotes/vs2017-relnotes)
This post first appeared on MSDN Blogs | Get The Latest Information, Insights, Announcements, And News From Microsoft Experts And Developers In The MSDN Blogs., please read the originial post: here