- Download docker CLI or docker for windows.
I am installing Docker on my local windows 10 from https://www.docker.com/docker-windows
after installation I could see this in tray icon:
- Signup for a docker account at https://cloud.docker.com/ & activate the account & sign in .
- Login to docker on your PC.
- Download any container image from Docker hub to local using CLI :
For this example, I am using nginx image , thus we shall download it from docker by running this command on command prompt.
docker pull nginx
- By default, the image tag is taken as latest.
- Verify image is up and running on local :
running this command on command prompt
docker run -it --rm -p 8080:80 nginx
and in browser open url http://localhost:8080/
This post first appeared on MSDN Blogs | Get The Latest Information, Insights, Announcements, And News From Microsoft Experts And Developers In The MSDN Blogs., please read the originial post: here