Many users face an error message while accessing MS Outlook stating – Outlook could not create the work file. This error arises due to the corruption of files from temporary Internet cache variable folders. This error generally occurs due to system up-gradation or setting files that get incorrectly shifted to another computer. But, many users don’t know the procedures to fix this situation and start panicking. So to help those users, we will discuss all the possible remedies to fix this error. If you are reading this article, then congrats as you have landed on the right page. Let’s start the article by first knowing the techniques. We will also look at the reasons so let’s start the article.
Reasons behind Outlook Could Not Create the Work File Windows 10
Two reasons result in this error. These are
- Due to an error in Windows PC.
- Due to the MS Outlook issue.
These two generates inconsistencies in the Outlook and cause issues. Thus, it is very important to fix this issue as soon as possible.
Some tips and tricks to solve Outlook Could Not Create the Work File
Here, we will discuss some manual procedures to fix this problem. Users can try any one of the following approaches.
Shift the Temporary Internet Files
Users can solve this issue by shifting their temporary internet files or the folder in Internet Explorer. The user has to go through these steps to solve the problem.
- First, open Internet Explorer and visit the Tools and then Internet Options.
- Now, Visit the browsing history section and hit on Settings under the General Tab.
- Then, examine the existing location. Windows Vista/7 might have the following location: C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files.
- In case, location differs from the above, then hit on Move Folder and then alter the site to the one above.
- After that, it will ask the user to log off.
- At last, users can log back in, and the issue of Outlook could not create the work file should be solved.
Try to Edit a Registry Value
- Initially, visit the “Start Menu” and then in the search box type “Regedit”.
- To gain access to the Registry Editor, press “Enter”. Then, choose ‘Yes” in the popup “Account Control” dialogue box.
- Next, users should search in the Registry Editor window following keys in order:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
- Once choosing the “User Shell Folders” key, turn to its right pane. And, search or locate the “Cache” value.
- After that, double-tap on the “Cache” value. Now, input the right temporary Internet file folder path in the subsequent “Edit String” dialogue box.
- If the user runs on Windows Vista, 7, 8, or 10, the default path can be ‘%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files’.
- If users work in Windows XP then, it is “%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files”
- Once the user edits the value, tap “OK” to save the changes and exit Registry, Editor. Then, restart the computer to allow the changes.
Try to Delete Temporary Internet Files
It is a very easy procedure to fix this issue. Users can solve this error by deleting the Temporary Internet files through Internet Explorer. To do this, users should close all the open programs just for safety concerns.
Follow the steps below to fix the problem.
- First, open Internet Explorer.
- Then, from the top right corner, tap on the Tools.
- From the contextual drop-down menu, hit on the Internet Options.
- Under the user’s browsing history, tap on the Delete button.
- Then, unmark the Preserve Favourite website data.
- Now, only inspect the Temporary Internet Files, but to be sure or more accurate, examine all the other options.
- Tap on the Delete option.
- After that, close the Internet Explorer and restart the system.
- After your system boots up, now, examine if Outlook could not create the work file windows 10 gets solved or not.
These were some of the manual tricks to fix the error. If users have some Corrupt Pst Files then before proceeding to the manual tricks. Try to fix these corrupt PST files first. To do so, Users can use Inbox Repair Tool or they can go for an alternative tool to fix this issue. They can use the Sysinfo PST Recovery Tool to recover Data or Emails from the corrupt PST Files. The software is compatible with PST files generated by MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 & earlier versions.
Now, users know the different solutions to resolve this issue, so let’s take a look at the reasons that cause this error.
These are some straightforward techniques to fix the error Outlook could not create the work file. All these methods are very efficient to use and can be easily conducted. If there are some corrupt PST files, then fix those first by using an automated solution.
The post What to do If Outlook Could Not Create the Work File? appeared first on File Recovery Tips.
This post first appeared on Best Tips & Tricks To Recover Data From Corrupt Files, please read the originial post: here