Welcome to Minisode Monday, where we kick off the week with something quick and actionable -- to make you more magnetic and effective -- that you can implement right away.
This week, brain coach Jim Kwik rejoins us (hear his last visit here) to share his five tips for quickly remembering names and faces -- with CHARM!
Let's get to it!
The Cheat Sheet:
- C: Care. People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. Showing that you care enough about someone to remember their name is a basic demonstration of this.
- H: Hear. People often blame retention when they don't remember names, but it's usually a problem of attention.
- A: Ask. When you're introduced to someone, ask them about their name. Where's it from? How is it spelled? Who were they named after? What does it mean?
- R: Repeat. When you meet somebody, make sure to address them by name in the ensuing discussion. Repeating the name will help you associate their name with their face. "You want to repeat it maybe three or four times in the context of the conversation," says Jim.
- M: Marker. Imagine someone's name scrawled across their forehead in marker. It may sound ridiculous, but it helped Franklin Roosevelt remember the names of everyone he ever met.
- To learn more about social dynamics and productivity hacks, take the Art of Charm Challenge by clicking here, or text CHARMED to 33444.
- Also be sure to check out our Social Capital Intensive here!
- Let us know about how you put today's Minisode Monday into practice! Tweet with @TheArtofCharm in your response or write to Jordan directly: [email protected] (he actually reads everything)!
To truly thrive in all areas of your life, you can't ignore the importance of good health. Try Organifi Green Juice for 20% off using code "charm" when checking out at organifi.com!
Find out more about the team who makes The Art of Charm podcast here!
Show notes at https://theartofcharm.com/podcast-episodes/minisode-monday-52-five-tips-for-remembering-names-and-faces-with-charm/
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
If you dig the show, please subscribe in iTunes and write us a review! This is what helps us stand out from the crowd and help people find the credible advice they need.
Review the show in iTunes! We rely on it! http://www.theartofcharm.com/mobilereview