Writing every day has several benefits, but where there are advantages of something there are also some disadvantages. Today with the advancement in technology, it is easy for students to write on any given topic but also for that it is necessary to have good command on English writing skills. There are a lot of students who due to poor writing skills won’t be able to write a perfect paper due to which they need essay help from online writing services. These writing services are available 24 hours 7 days a week and help you write a perfect paper no matter how short the deadline is at the best possible rate.
But if you start writing daily then it will be easy for you to write on any topic. There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages of Written Communication. Some of them are given below:
Pros/Advantages of Written Communication:
• If you have any document in Written then you can easily preserve it, while on the other hand non-verbal Communication doesn’t have any proof as they cannot be preserved. You can easily access to written communication in future.
• The written document act as a permanent record, when anytime you need it you can easily access it from the preserved document.
• Written communication helps you represent complex matters easily.
• Written communication saves your precious time and money. You can without going here and there can exchange your views through email in just a few seconds. Also the person on the other side can reply you back at once and you don’t have to wait for long in order to get a reply.
• The written communication helps you present information clearly and accurately.
• Written communication helps you make communication effective. It is one of the most effective forms of communication one can have.
• It can be clearly understood by all. You don’t have to repeat each and everything again and again instead you have a paper in written you can handle that paper to the other person and he can understand all easily.
• There will be a reduction of risk in written communication.
• You can circulate the written communication easily and effectively. All you have to enter the email address of every person to whom you want to send the document and they will receive it at once.
Disadvantages of Written Communication:
As mentioned above where there are advantages of anything there are also some disadvantages. So, written communications also have some disadvantages and limitations that are discussed below:
• Written communication is less personal as compared to oral communication that is why many people don’t use it for sending emotional messages. For instance, a lot of people feel that it is better to send news such as getting a promotion, ending and proposing of marriage, etc in private. Written communication is considered as ineffective if need to send emotional messages.
• As compared to other forms of communication, written communication is time-consuming. Writing requires enough of time and if you are sending a letter then it may take two or three days to deliver while on the other hand a message sent through telephone will take just a second to reach the destination and then you are done.
• For reading a written communication it is must for the receiver to know how to read. But if on the other hand the receiver is illiterate then written communication is meaningless that make it ineffective.
• Written communication requires additional cost for filing for future. In order to save the document in hard copy you must require a printer, paper, ink, etc. that also needs money. Also, you need expenditure for making and arrangement of files and documents.
• In written communication it is must for the writer to have command on English writing skills otherwise they might mistake that will create a bad impression onto the receiver. Once the sender sent the letter it will be impossible to make corrections.
• Sometimes due to complex words, the receiver won’t be able to understand the actual meaning of the letter than might create miscommunication between the sender and the reader.
Above are some pros and cons of written communication. After reading the above article it is easy for you to take decision wisely that which is the most effective form of communication to use.
The post Pros & Cons of Written Communication appeared first on An Essay Writing Blog For Academic Students.