DAIICT or Dhirubhai Ambani Institute Of Information and Communication Technology is a technical university in Gandhinagar named after Dhirubhai Ambani, ex-chairman Reliance Foundation. Since its inauguration in 2001, it is regarded as one of the finest universities for information and communication engineering in India. DAIICT 2017 is conducted for the admission in the various course of DAIICT Gandhinagar.
DAIICT 2017 Admission
SELECTION PROCEDURE AND NUMBER OF SEATS
The applications are invited for the candidates of class 12 of science(PCM) branch with either cs, biology, electronics or any other fourth group subject.Aspirants who are born on or after 1st October 1992 are only eligible to apply for admissions. It is mandatory for aspiring students to appear for JEE Main 2017 as the admission is exclusively based on the performance in JEE Main. Every year around 300 seats are allotted for B.Tech Students and moreover, 30 Seats are Non-Residence in India(NRI).
The undergraduate courses are mainly provided in two of the major streams:-
* B.Tech (Information and communication technology ICT) — 240 seats
* B.Tech (Honours in ICT with minor in Computational Science) — 60 seats
Moreover, 50% of the total number of seats are reserved for students who have pursued their primary education in the schools of Gujarat state and these seats are filled by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), Gujarat. The remaining 50% of the seats for non-Gujarat Indian students are filled by direct admission through DAIICT 2017.
i) M.Tech (Information and Communication Technology)
ii) M.Sc (Information Technology)
iii) M.Sc in ICT for Agriculture and Rural Development (ICT-ARD)
DAIICT 2017 Application Procedure:
Candidates are requested to collect the application form from any of the AXIS Bank branches or from the institute itself by paying an amount of 1000 INR. Students can request an application form to be sent via post by paying a DD of 1050 INR in favour of institute payable at Gandhinagar.
The applications are available on the website from 21st March 2017.
The last date for receipt of filled applications along with JEE 2017 score card will be on 6th may tentatively.
Students can visit JEE Mains 2017 to know entire details of JEE Main appearing exam including details of syllabus, examination pattern etc.
DAIICT Important Dates – B.Tech Admission
|1.||Online Application Form Availability||Second week of April 2017|
|2.||Last Date for online application form||Last week of June 2017|
|3.||Merit list declaration||First week of July 2017|
|4.||Fees Payment||Second week of July 2017|
|5.||Registration & Document Verification at DAIICT campus||Last week of July 2017|
|6.||Orientation Programme||Last week of July 2017|
|7.||Beginning of B.Tech Classes||First week of August 2017|
Admission Procedure For Foreign Students
Admissions of foreign and NRI students, the non-Indian residential students, foreign nationality students and students in abroad of Indian origin will be offered through a separate channel called “DIRECT ADMISSION FOR FOREIGN AND NRI STUDENTS”(DAFS) and the application form can be downloaded from the link. The application can be downloaded only after the official announcement regarding the same from the institution.
Read Detailed Information about DAIICT Application form
Eligibility Criteria Under DAFS Scheme DAIICT 2017
- Overseas citizen of India (OCI) and Persons of Indian origin card holders (PIO)
- Passport of an applicant indicating that he/she is not an Indian nationality.
- Either of parents of the applicants residing abroad indicating that he/she is a non-Indian resident. Proof like overseas bank passbook is accepted.
- Candidates are required to submit the non-resident Indian certificate issued by Indian Embassy or Indian Consulate of the country where he/she is residing.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR NRI STUDENTS
The admission for the NRI or foreign students under DAFS procedure is purely based on the candidates’ performance in class 12 or any equivalent passing the examination in a particular country along with the student’s performance in level A SAT subjective or aptitude test.
Eligibility Criteria For M.Tech Program
A candidate should have qualifying degree with not less than 60% in any one of the following:
B.E./B.Tech. Degree in ICT or allied disciplines such as CS/IT/EE/EC/IN/ICT
M.Sc degree in Computer Science/Electronics/Mathematics/Physics/Statistics
M.S/M.Sc degree of DA-IICT
MCA degree (3-year program)
The aggregate marks in the qualifying Degree should not be less than 60% or equivalent as per the norms set by the Degree awarding Institute/University.
For M.Tech Program: The merit list for admission will be prepared on the basis of the GATE score of the candidates. Short listing criterion is based on candidate’s GATE score only
Read More about Eligibility Criteria of DAIICT Courses.
How To Apply DAIICT
1) Online application form is to be submitted to the website ug admissions.daiict.ac.in
2) A separate merit list will be published by considering the performance in JEE Main 2017 exam.
3) Candidates who receive admission offers must appear for document verification and registration for admission process.
At the time of reporting for counselling, the candidate should produce the original certificates/documents for verification as mentioned at DAIICT website. If the candidate fails to produce all or any of these certificates/documents, his/her admission shall stand forfeited instantly.
- S.S.L.C(Std. 10) Mark Sheets (All Attempts)
- Std. 12/PUC/+2 Mark Sheets (All Attempts)
- School Leaving Certificate or SSC/HSC certificate for Date of Birth verification.
- ACPC Registration Details
- Score Card of JEE (Main) 2016
- Passport size photograph
Only the candidate and one member of his/her parent/guardian shall be allowed into the counselling venue. The candidates shall be called in, in the order of their rank in the merit list.
The admitted candidate is required to pay the first semester fees of Rs.97,200/- (minus the amount paid to ACPC) at the time of counselling in Cash or through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘DA-IICT’ payable at Ahmedabad. In case the candidate fails to pay the full fees, he/she will not be granted admission. The fee once paid against the offer of this admission is not refundable.
Exam Pattern DAIICT B.Tech Admissions 2017:
The exam pattern refers the complete information regarding the question paper. Relevant details like time duration, a number of questions, marking scheme and the types of questions asked are associated with the exam pattern. As the admissions are on the basis of the JEE Main, therefore, the exam pattern of the same is mentioned here.
- The exam will be organised in the computer-based format.
- Each question consists of 4 marks.
- 25 marks will be subtracted as the punishment for an incorrect response.
- 180 minutes or 3 hours will be allowed to solve the exam.
- The DAIICT 2017 entrance exam will be in the English only.
- The paper 1 comprises of 90 questions hence the total marks for the exam is 360 marks.
The Institute awards scholarships to deserving students of the B Tech (ICT) program. There are two categories of scholarships:
2) Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
Scholarships of an amount equal to the tuition fee (Rs. 30,000/- per semester) for the duration of the program (eight semesters only) are awarded for each category.
Selection of Scholarship Winners: Selection of scholarship awardees will be based on the performance in the admission test, which is JEE Main 2017. Selection criteria would be as follows:
- Merit Scholarship: Scholarships would be awarded to all the students, who take admission in the program, with an All India Rank better than 5000. In case such candidates are less than five, the remaining scholarships (five minus the awarded) may be transferred to Merit-cum-Means category.
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship: Scholarships would be offered to the five students with the highest All India Ranks in AIEEE who take admission in the program, subject to a means test. In order to be eligible for this category of scholarship, the annual income of the student’s parent(s)/guardian(s) should not exceed Rs. 250,000/- per annum. Awardees would be required to submit suitable documents in proof of the above every year.
FEE STRUCTURE OF DAIICT
Tuition fee: 62500/semester
Registration fee : 2500/semester
Caution deposit : 15000/semester
Hostel fees: 10000 INR
MESS CHARGES: 2750 INR
FEE STRUCTURE FOR NRI STUDENTS
TUITION FEE :5000 USD/sem
REGISTRATION FEE: 100 USD / sem
CAUTION DEPOSIT: 1000USD/sem(refundable)
HOSTEL RENT : 500 USD/,
DAIICT CUTOFF 2014
OPENING AND CLOSING RANKS FOR VARIOUS COURSES: JEE (Main) – 2014
The opening rank for B.Tech ICT course for Gujarat home state student is 3497 and closing rank is 59361 and for rest of India (other than Gujarat), the opening rank was 1569 and closing rank was 59361.
For an admission in honours in CS, the opening rank was 806 for Gujarat state and 923 for rest of India category. Closing rank for Gujarat state was 8367 and 35683 for students outside the state of Gujarat
DhirubhaiAmbani Institute Of Information And Communication Technology
near indroda circle,
“Stay Informed about EntranceZone latest updates and feature articles on DAIICT 2017.”
The post DAIICT 2017 Admission – Dhirubhai Ambani Institute Of Information and Communication Technology appeared first on EntranceZone.
This post first appeared on How To Download JEE Main 2017 Admit Card/Hall Ticket, please read the originial post: here