Hawaii’s main tourist attractions are worth every penny and dime to check out, but they can be overcrowded at times. Finding and experiencing the Hidden Gems of Hawaii will make your first, tenth, and millionth trip both unique and exhilarating. Discover hidden gems on the following 4 main islands of Hawaii.
- Zipline on Keana Farms
- Hawaiian Waters Water Park in Kapolei
- Waimea Valley Audubon Center – Great place to see a variety of birds and enjoy nature
- Snorkel in Hanauma Bay
- Eat at a shrimp shack (food truck) or let sweet Hawaiian shaved ice melt in your mouth (I know it’s better than anything you’ve ever tasted).
- Snorkel on Molokini Crater
- Travel the Road to Hana
- Bus to the top of Haleakala and then bike down
- See the beautiful and unique black sand beaches
- Kayak Wailua River
- Hike to a lighthouse
- Sail the Napali Coast (technically not considered a “hidden gem”, but your trip to Kauai is never complete unless you see the amazing rugged coast line.
- Tube along old, man-made plantation canals, also known as mountain tubing.
- Eat a Puka dog (gourmet Hawaiian hotdogs)
The Big Island:
- Hawaiian Café – This hole-in-the-wall has the best macadamia nut pancakes that are bigger than many stomachs can handle
- Lava Lava Beach Club – Located in Kona, this beachfront restaurant is the perfect place to watch the sunset while dinner is being served. You will need reservations as this is a happening place!
- Go caving in the lava tubes
- Pu’uhonua O’Honaunau – If you have a thing for totem poles, this self-guided park is the place to be.
- Akaka Falls