We have received many questions from people asking us about the full guides and steps on how to open a Domiciliary Account with many banks in Nigeria. Here is a full guide on how to open a Domiciliary Account for free without any charges.
Do you need a Domiciliary account? Do want to know how you can open a domiciliary bank Account in Nigeria with Guarantee Trust Bank(GTBank), FirstBank of Nigeria and Zenith bank and others? Then calm down and read this article carefully.
DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT is an account that allows customers to maintain accounts in foreign currencies. These accounts can be funded through traveler’s cheques, lodgement of foreign currency cheques, cash inflows, and cash deposits. Customers can withdraw cash or make transfers or payments to suppliers offshore.
This is a bank account in Nigeria that is operated in foreign currency that allows all account owners to save money in US Dollars, Pounds Sterling or Euro with your money valued at the prevailing exchange rate.
NDDC Skill Acquisition Training Programme 2017
However, one easy way of transferring or sending money from Nigeria to a recipient abroad is through domiciliary account money transfer and opening a DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT is very easy and simple so to open yours, here is what to do.
Documents Required To Open A DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT
Identification Card– your driver’s license or international passport or national identity card.
2 passport photos – two recently taken passport photographs are need
2 Referees – two persons that would serve as referee and fill each of the two reference forms that will be issued to you are required. Both referees need to have a current account each preferably with GTbank to facilitate opening of the account.
Utility bills – photocopy of your utility bill issued in not more than three months ago is required. PHCN bill, telephone bill, sanitary bill or Water bill; any one of them can serve.
2017/2018 US Army Recruitment For Foreigners – Apply Here
Provided you have the following documents ready, then you are good to go
How To Open A DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT
- Visit any bank of your choice
- Ask for their customer service desk and request that you want to open a domiciliary account with them.
- A foreign currency account opening form, specimen signature card, two reference forms for you and your referee to fill.
- If you have your two referees with you at the bank, they can fill their forms and you fill yours too and submit it. If your referees are not present with you at the moment, you can decide to take all the forms home, fill them properly and give your referees each of the reference form to also fill. Remember, your two referees should be GTbank current account holders; if you want them to open and activate your domiciliary account within 48hours.
- After filling the forms properly, go back to the bank and submit the forms back to the customer care who attended to you.
- Within 48hours, you will receive an SMS from them informing you that your domiciliary account has been open with your account number and that’s all !!!
If you are ready, you can begin to initiate the opening of the domiciliary account right now, start account opening process online before going to the bank here. This will save you a lot of time, trouble and stress.
Hope this article was very helpful. If so don’t forget to share this article with your you friends on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp using the share buttons below and always use the comment box for your feed back THANKS.
The post OPEN A DOMICILIARY ACCOUNT WITH GTBANK & OTHER BANKS – See Full Step appeared first on Calender View.