Scheduled to begin rolling out at 2pm PT/5pm ET, today’s free Rocket League update for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC adds the Starbase ARC arena, a Custom Training Mode, two variant arenas, a new colorblind mode, and more. It also adds support for the new DLC Battle-Car, Vulcan, which is inspired by Psyonix’s mobile title ARC Squadron and costs $1.99 USD.
“Set in an octagonal space station orbiting a desert planet in a distant galaxy, Starbase ARC arena features starship battles, floating planetoids, and interstellar laser shows to create one of the most epic Rocket League galactic atmospheres yet,” Psyonix says of the new arena. You can learn about the creation of Starbase ARC in this video:
Here’s everything else you’ll find in today’s Rocket League update:
- Custom Training Mode – Allows players to create their own training sequence where they can name, design, edit, and upload their sequences for other Rocket League players to access via alphanumeric code. More details over here.
- Steam Workshop Support – Allows Unreal Engine 3 UDK users to create custom levels for the game via a Steam Workshop Uploader Tool. Find more information here.
- Arena Preference Selector – Highly requested feature allows players to “Like” or “Dislike” Arenas in the game to increase or decrease odds of playing on them again in online matches.
- ‘Champion Series IV’ Crate – The popular Champion Series continues with all-new exclusive garage items to help support Psyonix esports initiatives. Potentially unlock a new Import Battle-Car, animated Decals, Exotic Wheels, Black Market surprises, and more.
- Two Variant Arenas – ‘Wasteland (Night)’ and ‘Utopia Coliseum (Snowy)’ dropping into Exhibition and Private matches plus all ranked playlists.
- Redesigned SARPBC Vehicles – Free visual redesigns for the veteran Battle-Cars ‘X-Devil’ and ‘Gizmo’
- New Colorblind Mode – New ‘Color Blind Mode’ is available in the ‘Options’ menu, adding high-contrast orange and blue shades along with high contrast nameplates.
- New Free Community Flags and Holiday Items – As with every update, several Community Flags will be added to your Garage for free! These include the Noclip Community Flag, Vikkstar123, SDMN, and NZXT Antennas! Also, check out our free Holiday items. They will drop through the holiday season and end on January 2.
Since launch, Rocket League has seen more than 23 million players.
Will you be playing on the new arena today?
[Source: Rocket League]
Content originally posted Here this is not owned by The Video Games
The post Rocket League Update Today Adds New Arenas, Training Mode appeared first on The Video Games.