Here are 50 Prayer Requests that I would like to make for this next year. Please consider writing down a few of these requests and Pray over them. Thank you for your help. Prayer changes everything. Prayer is powerful. God answers prayers. He has answered them in the past, and he answers them today.
1. Pray that the message of Jesus Christ would reach the lost in unreached people groups in western civilization. Pray specifically for the lost in the United States.
2. Pray for those unreached people groups in the 10-40 window.
3. Pray for God to raise up principled, uncompromising Christian patriots to lead in our local, state, and Federal legislatures.
4. Pray God will orchestrate events to put a godly man or woman in the White House.
5. Pray for the truth to shine through the lies of the mainstream media.
6. Pray for grassroots organizations to grow in strength to take on the corrupt Washington D.C. system.
7. Pray for luke-warm Christians to be set on fire for God.
8. Pray for sound doctrine within the churches.
9. Pray for Christians who will stand up for their faith.
10. Pray for religious liberty.
11. Pray for the Salvation Army and her leadership.
12. Pray for atheists, that they would know Jesus Christ as their savior.
13. Pray for young people who are exposed to so much depravity and sin in this world, that they would be able to stand and resist every temptation and that they would know God.
14. Pray for public schools, and for the lies, and for the truth to be taught.
15. Pray for God's power to end the scourge of human abortion forever in this world.
16. Pray for the Christian message to reach out into all sectors of media and popular culture, including television, radio, the news media, movies, documentaries, history, and the sciences.
17. Pray the Lord's kingdom come in the area in which you live.
18. Pray for a great awakening in the United States.
19. Pray for Godly men to be raised up, who refuse to be shamed by the current culture, who live as men ought to live, and stand firmly as leaders and warriors of truth.
20. Pray for women, who have been so deceived by our culture to stand for morality, for truth, and for justice. Help women to stand as beacons of wisdom, truth, grace, and humility.
21. Pray for young adults to seek after Jesus Christ as he truly is, and not as we would have him be.
22. Pray for Christians to get involved in politics in meaningful ways, given Romans 13's requirement for us to obey the authorities, which means participating in our democracy style government.
23. Pray for persecuted Christians in the middle east who are being beheaded for their faith.
24. Pray for persecuted Christians in Iran, including Pastor Saeed.
25. Pray for persecuted Christians in China and North Korea.
26. Pray for wise Christian leadership who refuse to be caught up in sex scandals or immoral controversies. We have a great vacuum of good leadership in evangelicalism.
27. Pray Gospel for Asia's leader K.P. Yohannan to repent from his new agenda of centralized leadership, and to return to a grassroots effort of raising up churches. (Read more on Patheos).
28. Pray for many of the televangelists who do not endure good doctrine and who pervert the word of truth. And pray that if they do not repent, that the Lord would remove them from the airways.
29. Pray for a new conservative media.
30. Pray for the leaders of Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and other massive banking institutions. Pray for their leaders to be wise, godly, and to turn from corruption.
31. Pray for the owners of fortune 500 companies like Starbucks, Wal Mart, Costco, and others. Pray they would know Christ and be charitable and generous with their wealth.
32. Pray for the end of corporate cronyism and corporate welfare.
33. Pray for ISIS to be brought to saving faith in Jesus Christ, and also pray that they would be defeated, to prevent the murder of innocent people in the Middle East, Europe, and the United States.
34. Pray for the victims of mass shootings and for the healing of their families.
35. Pray for those who are suffering from cancer, pray they would be healed and restored to health.
36. Pray for the LGBTQ community, pray they would receive the gospel and turn from their past ways and live in rightness with God.
37. Pray the church of God would spend more time in the word of God.
38. Pray that churches, organizations, and groups would promote healthy eating and help stem the tide of obesity, heart disease, and diabetes in our nation.
39. Pray that the body of Christ would spend more time in prayer.
40. Pray that young people within the body of Christ would take the Bible's teachings on sexuality seriously including the issues of masturbation, pornography, and pre-marital sex.
41. Pray for the church to help end the horror of child sex slavery.
42. Pray that believers would be better stewards of their money, and would learn better ways to manage their finances.
43. Pray that Christians in the world would have a closer walk with Jesus Christ.
44. Pray for cutting edge media, movies, and music to help transform the culture.
45. Pray for those addicted to drugs, pray they would seek recovery and know Christ.
46. Pray for alcoholics and for recovery and faith in Christ.
47. Pray for those addicted to cigarettes, that they would have the power to quit and stay quit.
48. Pray for children who are led astray by the sexualized culture.
49. Pray for sex addicts and relationship addicts to experience recovery and hope.
50. Pray for prostitutes to be freed from their captivity, pray for Christians to help them be set free.
Praise the Lord for how good he is to have set us free in Jesus Christ! God willing 2016 will be a year of growth, transformation, and spiritual awakening. In Jesus name, Amen.
- The Great American Culture War: Religious Liberty, Gay Rights, Naturalism & the Christian Faith
- Christianity in the Public Square: The Apologetics & Philosophy Renaissance
- Christian Activism: Can Christianity survive the new cultural attitudes?
- Gay Marriage, LGBTQ Issues, and the Christian Worldview
- A Rational Inquiry of the Bible: Is it reliable? Is it the word of God?
- On the Fourth of July: Freedom of Speech & the New Intolerance
- The Supreme Court, Same Sex Marriage, Religious Liberties
- Ten Great Minds, Ten Controversial Presentations
- What is the Truth about Abortion? Fact, Fiction, Christianity, & Humanism
- Faith in the 21st Century: The Seven Key aspects of Faith