By Oluwaseun Babalobi
- Genesis 4 outlines the story of God’s response to the offering given by two brothers- Cain and Abel.
- God favoured the offering of Abel above Cain because Abel gave a fatter offering
- This implies God expects and respects quality offerings (verse 4)
- Before you give an offering, consider when it is a quality offering, otherwise God will not have respect for it.
- Genesis 4 also contains the story of the enmity between two brothers- Cain and Abel
- Cain committed the first recorded murder in the Bible by killing his brother.
- May your blood brothers not become my enemy in Jesus name
- We also saw the other side of God. God is merciful but He was the first person to also issue a curse in the Bible- against Cain For killing his brother
- We also see the Blood is a spirit- as the Bible records that the blood of Abel was crying from the ground.
- May the blood of Jesus silence every blood crying for judgement because of ancenstal sins in Jesus name
- Child bearing is not limited to reproductive age ; Adam and Eve gave birth to his first sin-Seth (verse 25,26, 5:3) at the age of 130
- This means that, when God decides to bless you the blessing shall come to pass and it has no respect for human timing.
- God may be ‘too’ late in human timing but he is still on time with divine timing (at the appointed time).
Filed under: Christianity Tagged: Bible study, Christian, Christianity, Devotionals, Jesus
This post first appeared on Deliverance Sermons And Prayers | Save The World M, please read the originial post: here