Matthew Stafford’s deal continues to look more and more reasonable.
- Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan is the latest to get a shiny, new extension. Ryan becomes the first quarterback to hit the $30 million per year mark with a five-year, $150 million deal. As noted by MLive’s Nate Atkins, this deal puts Matthew Stafford’s five-year, $135 million extension into context and makes it look reasonable.
- The Lions traded Akeem Spence on Thursday, who was one of the biggest personalities in the locker room last year. As a result, several Lions from that 2017 team took to Twitter to wish Spence the best in Miami:
Happy for you fam. Back to the crib, do work brodie. ✊— Tahir Whitehead (@Big_Tah47) May 3, 2018
My dawg gon miss you! https://t.co/lISMR6SxOd— Nino Diggs (@qdiggs6) May 3, 2018
- The Detroit Free Press has five Lions who are on the hot seat after the 2018 draft.
- The Lions may have only had six draft picks in 2018, but they are loaded on the third day of next year’s draft (projected compensatory pick is from Darren Fells):
That would make #Lions' 2019 draft picks:— Zac Snyder not @ZackSnyder (@ZacSnyder) May 3, 2018
Round 5 (49ers)
Round 6 (Patriots)
Round 6 (Compensatory, projected)
Round 7 (Dolphins) https://t.co/rUJyinlgf8
- Jim Bob Cooter spoke to DetroitLions.com at last week’s draft party and is very excited for the season Kenny Golladay is about to have.
- Golden Tate, YAC master, was also the slot master in 2017:
The leaders in yards from the slot in 2017! pic.twitter.com/XHxYLhc922— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) May 3, 2018
And someone is learning from the best during offseason workouts:
Learning from the YAC King himself! @ShowtimeTate pic.twitter.com/0Mpq4Lyl21— Jace Billingsley (@jacegable) May 2, 2018
- Lions general manager Bob Quinn joined NFL Network show “Good Morning Football” to talk about this year’s draft. The Detroit News has the full transcript.