One of the easiest ways to do a life audit is to just ask yourself ten questions for each area of your life and then give yourself a score to find out how to rate yourself.
Below I’ve outlined ten questions for the time and productivity life area so you can easily assess where you’re currently at – simply give yourself a score out of ten for each question with one being awful and ten being excellent, with no room for improvement.
- Do you use a diary?
- Do you set out your weekly schedule in advance?
- Do you frequently get at least 80% of what you plan to do on any given day done?
- Do you schedule in time for admin and budgeting?
- Do you schedule time for friends and family?
- Do you schedule time for relaxation?
- Do you schedule time for hobbies and interests?
- Do you schedule time for exercise?
- Do you spend your free time partly improving yourself by reading, doing courses etc?
- Do you spend idle time (in queues or public transport, for example) being productive? (e.g. I read my bible app)
Now add up your total score. Below is the scoring key:
1-10 = 1 mark out of 10 (poor)
11-20 = 2 marks out of 10
21-30 = 3 marks out of 10
31-40 = 4 marks out of 10
41-50 = 5 marks out of 10
51-60 = 6 marks out of 10
61-70 = 7 marks out of 10
71-80 = 8 marks out of 10
81-90 = 9 marks out of 10
91-100 = 10 marks out of 10 (amazing)
Crystal Clear Questions
Do you strategically plan how you are going to spend your time?
Do you feel productive most days?
Do you have a good work / life balance which is maintained by scheduling in time for fun and relaxation?
If you answered no to any of these questions or the questionnaire questions made you realize that the way you spent your time wasn’t balanced I would strongly advise you buy a diary and Schedule your time more strategically.
If you would like to look at time management and productivity in more depth please read my article titled ‘Personal Productivity – How to Achieve in Record-Breaking Time’.
Do you own a diary? Do you plan out how you are going to spend your time during any given day? How organized would you say you are? If you don’t consider yourself organized how does this effect you? Please share your thoughts in the comments below to gain encouragement, insight and support from our community, we’d love to hear from you.