Organic Tomato is botanically known as a fruit but is considered a vegetable in the culinary field which is originally bright in color. There are several types of carotenoids present in the tomato because of which the tomato is of great use in our daily lives. Here are some of the major medicinal uses of tomato which prove to be of great benefit in day to day life.
- Good for skin : Skin is one of the most important parts of the body. Therefore, it is important to take good care of the skin with the help of tomato. The tomato peels play an important role in providing the nutrients to the skin. Tomatoes consist of the carotenoids including lycopene which are used in the face cleansers available in the market. This ensures clean skin. But if you are interested in using tomatoes naturally you need to use tomatoes directly. After peeling the tomatoes, place them directly on the skin and remove it after 10 minutes. Then wash the skin thoroughly. You will appreciate the shine on your face.
- Support Bones : Tomatoes consists of Vitamin K and calcium which contribute in strengthening the bones. These nutrients contribute in repairing and improving the health of the bones.
- Prevent cancer : Tomatoes are well known to prevent the cancerous conditions in individuals consuming tomatoes on regular basis. Lycopene present in the tomatoes are actually anti-oxidants which rove to be useful in dealing with the cancerous conditions. It reduces the growth of the cancerous cells. Tomatoes when cooked have more amount of lycopene in them. Therefore, cooked tomatoes are a great choice for the body to prevent cancer.
- Good for Heart : Heart is one of the most sensitive parts of the body. Heart controls the functioning and circulation of several parts of the body. Potassium and Vitamin B are present in the tomatoes. This ensures proper functioning for the heart of the individuals consuming the tomatoes. With these, the blood pressure is lowered to an appreciable extent. Also, heart attacks and strokes can be prevented with the regular consumption of the tomatoes in the daily diet. The best part is that various diseases can be prevented with the help of regular consumption of the tomatoes.
- Good for Kidneys : Kidney stones are very common these days in most of the individuals who have an irregular lifestyle. Proper consumption of the tomatoes make the seeds of the tomatoes to reduce the occurrence of the kidney stones.
- Good for diabetic patients : Tomatoes consists of chromium which consists of the chromium. This mineral helps in keeping the sugar levels in the diabetic patients low to a great extent.
- Good for eyes : The presence of Vitamin A in the tomatoes makes it the desirable for the eye health. Moreover, it is useful to prevent night blindness to a great extent. Also, the presence of the Vitamin C in the tomatoes leads to improved blood supply to the cells of the eyes. This improves the vision of the individuals for the rest of the life.
- Lowers Cholesterol : Tomatoes consist of the Niacin which is Vitamin B3 and is known to maintain the cholesterol levels in the body. Also, the tomatoes consists of the fibers which stabilize the high cholesterol levels in the body.
- Boosts immunity : Vitamin C present in the tomatoes boosts immunity in individuals especially in males. Lycopene and beta carotene boost the immunity of the individuals consuming tomatoes on regular basis. Drinking tomato juices makes the immunity against the flu and cold.
Thus, Tomatoes in every form have great uses for individuals of every age group.
The post Organic Tomato, the medicinal use of a vegetable appeared first on Organic Insights.