Come visit Mabl's new office tomorrow for an evening of ten-minute lightning talks! Come mingle starting at 6:00 pm, and help yourself to some refreshments, provided by Mabl.com, our host and sponsor for the evening. Thank you, Lisa Crispin and Bertold Kolics of Mabl, our group's newest Event Organizer, for setting this event up for us!
- Location: Mabl, 101 Arch Street, Floor 16, Boston, MA
- Time: Wednesday, November 13, 2019, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Robot Framework Is Not Just For GUI, by Meredith Courtney
Seven Excuses Software Testers Need to Stop Making by Kristin Jackvony
- "Navy Seals Jocko Willink and Leif Babin popularized the concept of 'Extreme Ownership' in their book of the same name. Extreme Ownership means taking personal responsibility for everything that happens in your team, rather than pointing fingers and blaming others. This concept is applicable in all careers, not just the military! In this talk, I'll discuss seven excuses software testers need to stop making in order to start practicing Extreme Ownership".
- "End to end testing every commit is a challenge solved with serverless preview environments. Traditionally only select environments like 'integration' and 'UAT' could be fully tested, because apps required deployment tooling. Using modern serverless cloud solutions, you can deploy and host every commit, providing immediate PR feedback on feature branches and discovering problems long before they're merged".
- BrowserUp site: https://browserup.com/
- "Quick tips on how to engage your team better and build better quality products faster by visualizing the CI/CD pipeline"
Thank you to all of our volunteers!
Sr. QA Engineer, Software Engineer in Test
Meetup Organizer, Ministry of Testing - Boston
Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn | Articles