TestOnlineSpeed is a harmful toolbar which is created by Mindspark, which claims to help you test your Internet speed for free, but this is a browser hijacker infection which comes through the bundling method. Bundling method is an online marketing strategy. When you download and install any freeware packages or any kind of free stuff from the Internet carelessly or by choosing the default installation, then it secretly enters into your computer.
Changes in your computer by this browser hijacker-
- Once TestOnlineSpeed is installed on your computer, you will notice that it has set a new homepage.
- This type of browser hijacker does not only annoy you by displaying numerous ads but also invades your privacy.
- TestOnlineSpeed Toolbar may also collect the user’s personal data and send it to third parties.
- It spreads on your computer via hacked websites, online games, torrent files, infected media devices, file sharing network and so on.
HOW TO GET RID OF THIS VIRUS?
You can remove it using the given methods:
Automatic: Remove TestOnlineSpeed by using TestOnlineSpeed _Removal Tool
Manual: Remove TestOnlineSpeed using manual steps.
- Scan your PC with TestOnlineSpeed _Removal Tool
- Download TestOnlineSpeed _RemovalTool by clicking on the given link below:
- Windows will prompt you to allow running this program. Select ‘Yes’ to allow it to run.
- When the setup launches, click ‘Next’ on the window that appears.
- In the following screen, type ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to start the scanning process.
- In the next screen that appears, type ‘Y’ for ‘Yes’ to automatically close all the browsers and continue the cleaning process.
- Wait for the removal process & you’re done.
How to Remove “TestOnlineSpeed” Manually?
Steps to remove “TestOnlineSpeed” from Google Chrome.
- Press Windows key and tap the R key once, OR go to Start & type ‘Run ‘in the search box & hit
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%localappdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data‘.
- Search for Default and then Extensions
- Delete the folder that would be named somewhat like this: ‘cdaeipojmgllhdibldbbhfhlepncijng ‘.
- Go back to Google Chrome.
- Now go to Menu > More Tools > Extensions.
- Delete the extension named ‘TestOnlineSpeed ‘
Steps to remove ‘TestOnlineSpeed ’ from Mozilla Firefox:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard and tap the R key once.
- In the Run box, type this path: ‘%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles.
- Click on the folder with ‘.default’ appended in the folder name. For eg: ‘e6x5wbsb.default‘.
- In this folder, delete ‘json.mozlz4‘.
- In the same folder, click on ‘Extensions’ folder and delete ‘[email protected]’named folder.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools à Click on Internet Options.
- From the given tabs, click on ‘Advanced’
- Under ‘Reset Internet Explorer settings’ option, click on ‘Reset’
- Set the homepage to the one you want to use.
Browser settings changed to default and the browser hijacker is removed.
If you’ve become a victim to other hijackers (Convertdocsonline hijacker Removal Tool)
apart from this, you can easily remove them using their tools
from howtoremoveit’s blog.