According to the recent article, “Legal fees cross new mark: $1,500 an hour” in the Wall Street Journal, the day of the $1,500-an-hour lawyer has arrived. Law firms are now charging whatever the market can bear. So, how can people still obtain quality legal representation in this environment of skyrocketing fees and overwhelmed public defenders?
- According to the American Bar Association:
- 71% of consumers surveyed experienced a legal issue within the past year
- Less than half (45%) of those consumers actually hired an attorney
- The expense of hiring a lawyer was seen as the biggest barrier to securing legal help
- According to noted Stanford law professor Deborah Rhode:
- 80% of the civil legal needs of the poor, and 40-60% of the needs of middle-income individuals, remain unmet
- Government legal aid and criminal defense budgets are capped, making effective legal assistance of counsel impossible for most low-income litigants
It shouldn’t be this way. Americans need equal access to justice.
Everyone deserves legal protection, but at more affordable rate.
WCBS-AM in New York, NY
WWJ-AM in Detroit, MI
KNX-AM in Los Angeles, CA
WTOP-FM in Washington, DC
Contact us now for further information: www.whytehallda.legalshieldassociate.com
Filed under: business news
This post first appeared on THE BUSINESS BEAST | We Help You And Your Business, please read the originial post: here