Opposition parties Saskaņa (Harmony) and the Zaļo un Zemnieku savienība (Greens and Farmers Union, ZZS) continue to register the greatest levels of Support among voters, according to the latest polling carried out for LTV by the SKDS pollster.
Continuing the trend of recent months, in March Harmony and ZZS occupy first and second places with 14.8% and 8.6% respectively, followed by four of the five government coalition parties. The National Alliance and New Unity both have 5.8% support, Development/For! has 5.6% support and the New Conservatives have 4.8% support.
Next comes Latvia’s Regional Alliance, which is not represented in the current Saeima but has 2.9% support and then coalition party KPV LV which has fallen out of favor with voters with just 2.2% support. Neither the Latvian Russian Union nor the Progressives manage more than 2%, registering a mere 1.5% apiece.
Yet as ever with such polls in Latvia, undecided and uninterested voters represent a huge slice of the electorate and qualify the significance of the other figures.
28.8% of voters say they are undecided and 17.1% say they would have no intention of participating in any elections, giving a total of 45.9% who might be regarded as “floating” voters.