At the eastern end of the island towards the south is Gumbaz or Mausoleum. It was built by Tipu Sultan for his parents between 1782-84 A.D. Later Tipu was buried here on 5th May 1799 A.D. It is an impressive square tomb chamber surmounted by brick built dome. Open corridors run black stone pillars. The carved stone windows and doorways with ivory inlaid doors are fine workmanship. In the verandahs and on the platform are housed the Tombs of Haider's family members. There is also a mosque in the complex built in Moghal style.