Although pet stairs might be a better option for some, you can still use pet ramps inside the house to help your pets get from a lower level surface to a higher one.
In this guide we identify what we think is the best pet/dog ramp for couches, beds, high beds and other inside furniture and items.
This particular ramp comes from PetSTEP, and below you can find a review with the main features and potential drawbacks of this ramp as well.
Let’s check it out!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Best Pet/Dog Ramp For Couches, Beds, High Beds & Other Inside Furniture
Our top pick for the best pet/dog ramp for inside the house is the:
PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp (on Amazon) – open ramp dimensions are 70 L x 17 W x 2.5 H inches, and the ramp holds up to 500lbs
Best Pet/Dog Ramp For Couches, Beds, High Beds & Other Inside Furniture: Review
PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp
- A ramp for pets of any size – holds up to 500lbs
- The open dimensions of the ramp are 70 L x 17 W x 2.5 H inches
- The folded dimensions of the ramp are 36 L x 17 W x 5.75 H inches
- Can be used in and around the house for tables, stairs and other furniture
- Fits most vehicles and edges
- Has a non slip rubber surface on the ramp – good traction but soft on your pet’s paws
- Made of a composite plastic and fiberglass material
- Fold in half when not in use so you can store it – no hardware needed to fold out or fold up
- Has handles on the sides of the ramp to carry from one location to another
- The ramp is fairly lightweight – weighs only 18.5lbs
- Easy to clean off with soap and water
- Comes with a 5 year warranty (confirm this at the time of your purchase)
- Comes in 2 colors – khaki, or grey
- Because the ramp is so strong, it does feel a little heavy for some people when carrying or moving around
- A bit more expensive than some other pet ramps on the market
- Overall, this might be the best pet ramp on the market. It holds pets and dogs of any size up to 500lbs, and fits almost any situation from cars, the house steps and so on. Good value for money and very durable
View the PetSTEP Original Folding Pet Ramp on Amazon
Best Pet/Dog Ramp For Couches, Beds, High Beds & Other Inside Furniture: Buyer’s Guide
How Do I Know What I Can Use A Pet Ramp For?
The manufacturer usually tells you in the product description the range of uses the ramp has. They should also tell you how to use the ramp.
Can My Pet/Dog Use A Pet Ramp?
Most pets can, but if your dog has a health condition, ask their they are able to use the incline of a ramp.
It’s important to check the weight limit of the ramp and make sure your pet comes within that weight limit. For the Gen7Pets Ramp, the weight limit is 250lbs.
How Do I Get My Pet To Use A Ramp?
Some pets and dogs take some time to get used to using a ramp – from a few days to a few weeks.
Positive reinforcement training with treats or your dog’s favorite toys works well.
So, be prepared to take some time training your dog.
Alternatives To Pet Ramps
If a pet ramp doesn’t seem like a fit for you, you might look into pet stairs and steps instead.
You can check out the best pet stairs and steps in this guide.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Best Pet/Dog Ramp For Couches, Beds, High Beds & Other Inside Furniture appeared first on The Daily Shep.