This is a simple Dogtra Edge RT Review where we clearly layout the important information you need to know about this expandable (up to 3 dogs) e collar dog training system.
We take a look at it’s best features, as well as it’s cons.
We also consider who it might be best for, and who it might now be for, as well as what it was originally designed for.
Let’s check the Dogtra Edge RT out more closely!
(NOTE: this is a general information guide only, and is not professional advice, or a substitute for professional advice. A qualified vet or animal expert is the only person qualified to give you expert advice in regards to your pet/s)
Dogtra Edge RT Review: 3 Dog E Collar System
If you want to go straight to viewing the Dogtra Edge RT, you can do so here:
Dogtra Edge RT E Collar (on Amazon)
*NOTE: you can add more dogs to the Edge RT remote by buying separate Edge RT collar devices – Dogtra Edge Add On Collars/Receivers In Black, Blueor Green (on Amazon)
Dogtra Edge RT: Review
- A premium type of dog e collar system designed for demanding training environments and complex training. For professional trainers or a serious amateur.
- Expandable to be able to train/control up to 3 dogs from the same remote if you purchase separate Edge RT add on collars
- Remote comes with color coded buttons for different dogs
- Has a 1 mile range from handheld remote to collar receiver
- Has a Selector Dial with 8 different stimulation levels to choose from
- Static output power level is between low to medium by default
- Has the ability to combine the low and medium static buttons to deliver a boosted high power static stimulation – so there’s a low, medium and high intensity to each of the 8 different stim levels
- Has 2 hour rapid charge batteries
- Has both nick (temporary) and constant stimulation options
- Also has a vibration training option
- Comes with a belt clip
- System is fully waterproof
- Comes with extendable collar contact points (5/8″ to 3/4″)
- Remote has color coded buttons for different dogs
- For Dogs as Small as 35 lbs.
- System Has a 2 Year Limited Warranty
- Not for dogs smaller than 35lbs
- For the price, an option to train with tone/sound would have been good
- The extra collars (the system comes with 1) have to be purchased separately
- No LCD Screen that allows you to see the static level, and the battery level
- Doesn’t have 127 different static levels like other Dogtra e collar systems have
- Overall, a good premium type e collar for up to 3 dogs
View the Dogtra Edge RT E Collar on Amazon
Dogtra Edge RT: Buyer’s Guide
What Is The Dogtra Edge RT Designed For?
Designed for demanding training environments and complex training. For professional trainers or a serious amateur.
Who Might The Dogtra Edge RT Be For?
- People undertaking training in demanding environments and doing complex training.
- Professional trainers or a serious amateur
- Dogs 35lbs and over
- People who want a system that can train up to 3 dogs on the one remote
- People who want to train with static/shock, and vibration
- People who want a premium type e collar with lots of features
- People with a higher budget
Who Might The Dogtra Edge RT NOT Be For
- People who just want a basic training e collar
- People on a low budget
- People who want a 127 static level dog e collar system
- People who only need to train 1 dog at a time
- People with dogs under 35lbs
- People who want to train with sound/tone
- People who want low to high static power output as standard
- People who want a lifetime warranty on the e collar
What Do You Get In The Dogtra Edge RT Kit?
- Battery Charger and Splitter Cable
- Test Light
- Owner’s Manual
- Contact Point Extensions and Adjustment Tool
- Carrying Case
What Might Be The Best Way To Use An E Collar On A Dog?
For professional advice on using a shock or e collar, see a vet or a professional dog trainer, or animals expert.
But, in general, good e collars come with instruction manuals and guides that tell you how to safely and effectively use their product.
Look to buy from a reputable company that cares about the safety and well being of the dogs.
The best way to use an e collar might be as a temporary device for associating negative or undesirable behavior with a cue (such as a vibration or noise), or a stimulus (such as a nick/static stimulus).
They can be used to teach or retrain a certain behavior, and then put away. They may only be brought out again if your dog/s forget that behavior, or need retraining.
So, really, they could be used ideally as a temporary training and teaching tool (not permanent) for happy and healthy dogs.
If you notice any negative side effects to your dog’s physical or mental health from using an e collar, discontinue use immediately.
The benefits of an e collar might be:
- You don’t have to set the collar to shock if it has alternative options like tone or vibration
- The lowest shock settings on good e collars will provide a small amount of discomfort, not pain
- The feedback to your dog is instantaneous and not delayed
- It works at range
- It saves you shouting and getting frustrated
- + many other benefits
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Dogtra Edge RT Review: 3 Dog E Collar System appeared first on The Daily Shep.