You’ll want to checkout this Sleepypod Air vs Sturdibag Pet Carrier Comparison if you’re looking for pet carriers you can take on airlines.
We outline the similarities and differences between the dog carriers.
We also consider which carrier might be best for you and your dog.
Let’s take a closer look!
Sleepypod Air vs Sturdibag: Comparison, & Which Is Better?
If you want to go straight to checking out each carrier, you can do so here:
Sleepypod Air In Cabin Pet Carrier (on Amazon) – For dogs up to 15 lbs, Measures 22 L x 10.5 W x 10 H inches, and the carrier weighs 4 lbs
SturdiBag Pet Carrier w/ heavy mesh (on Amazon) – approved on most major US airlines for in cabin travel, measures 12 H x 12 W x 18 D inches, for dogs up to 30lbs
Standard Sturdibag Pet Carrier, Small (on Amazon) – Small is 10 x 10 x 18 inches, and is for toy sizes pets up to 10 lbs
- Standard Sturdibag Pet Carrier, Large (on Amazon) – Large is 18 inch length x 12 inch height x 12 inch width, and is for pets up to 25 lbs
- Standard Sturdibag Pet Carrier, Extra Large (on Amazon) – XL is 20 x 12 x 16 inches, and is for pets up to 35 lbs
Sleepypod Air vs Sturdibag: Which Should You Get?
In our opinion, the Sturdibag Pet Carrier with heavy mesh is the better of the two options when compared to the Sleepypod Air.
It’s more affordable, and is designed for heavier pets, with double the weight limit of the Air – 30 lbs weight limit compared to 15lbs.
Because it’s 4 inches shorter than the Air, it doesn’t need to be compressed to be fit under an airline in cabin seat.
Sleepypod Air vs Sturdibag: Similarities
- Both can be used for air, car and foot travel
- Both have an attachment point for a tether inside
- Both have front and top entrances
- Both have seatbelt straps
- Both have a carry handle
- Both have a shoulder strap
- Both have storage pockets
- Both have removable and washable bed matts inside
Sleepypod Air vs Sturdibag: Differences
- Sturdibag has a 30lbs weight capacity, whereas the Air has a 15lbs weight capacity
- Sturdibag has a range of carrier options, including the two most popular – with and without the heavy duty mesh
- The carriers are slightly different dimensions
- The Sleepypod Air is crash tested
- The Sturdibag has tie down points
- The Sturdibag has a tension rod design
- The Sturdibag with heavy mesh only comes in black, whereas the Standard Sturdibag and Sleepypod Air both come in a range of colors
Sleepypod Air vs Sturdibag: Reviews
- Sleepypod Air Review
- Sturdibag Carrier Review
Other Dog and Pet Carriers For Airline Travel
Check out this guide with some of the most popular and airline approved pet carriers.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Sleepypod Air vs Sturdibag: Comparison, & Which Is Better? appeared first on The Daily Shep.