This is a quick and simple Sherpa Pet Carrier Review of Sherpa’s most popular pet carrier.
This dog carrier is designed for foot, car and airline in cabin travel. It has a seatbelt strap and is small enough to fit under the seat of most major US airlines.
We look at the best features and drawbacks of this pet carrier. We also link you to a useful guide where you can check out other pet carriers for airline in cabin travel.
Let’s dive in and take a look!
Sherpa Pet Carrier Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
You can go straight to checking out Sherpa’s most popular Pet Carrier here:
Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier (on Amazon) – for pets up to 22lbs, fits pets up to 18″ in length x 11″ in height
Sherpa also do the Sherpa Element Duffle Pet Carrier (on Amazon), and Sherpa on Wheels Pet Carrier (on Amazon).
Sherpa Pet Carrier: Reviews
Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier
- A soft sided pet travel carrier for dogs up to 22lbs
- Very affordable
- For foot, car and plane travel
- Comes in 3 sizes from Small through to Large
- Large measure approx. 19” L x 11.75” W x 11.5” H
- Comes in different colors
- Has carrying handles and an adjustable shoulder strap
- Has a seatbelt strap for attaching in cars
- Is the right dimensions to be placed under the seat for most airlines
- Comes with a machine washable faux lambskin liner inside the bag
- Has a spring wire frame that makes up the bag for strength but also flexibility
- Has mesh windows for ventilations
- Has both top and side entry
- Has a storage pocket for storing items
- No major drawbacks
View the Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carrier on Amazon
Sherpa Pet Carrier: Buyer’s Guide
How To Measure Your Pet For The Sherpa Pet Carrier?
Take two measurements for the Large Carrier:
- From the chest to the base of the tail – should be 18 inches or less
- From floor to top of shoulder – should be 11 inches or less
Also pay attention to the weight capacity for each sized carrier.
The full sizes and dimensions of each Sherpa Pet Carrier are as follows:
- Small Carrier: Fits pets up to 13″ in length x 7.5″ in height and up to 8 pounds
- Medium Carrier: Fits pets up to 16″ in length x 10″ in height and up to 16 pounds
- Large Carrier: Fits pets up to 18″ in length x 11″ in height and up to 22 pounds
Are There Other Pet Carriers I Can Check Out For Airline Travel In Cabin?
Check out this guide with some of the most popular and airline approved pet carriers.
But, in our opinion, the Sherpa Pet Carrier bag is among the best and most affordable pet carriers for in cabin airline travel.
TheDailyShep.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates.
Additionally, TheDailyShep.com participates in various other affiliate programs, and we sometimes get a commission through purchases made through our links.
TheDailyShep.com are not veterinarians, or animal professionals/experts. Information provided is for informational purposes only – it is not a substitute for professional or qualified advice.
The information is based on either our own thorough research, and/or own experiences, as a means of free speech.
By consuming this information, you accept that TheDailyShep.com do not have client or patient relationship with you, and TheDailyShep.com are not advising you to act on anything you read.
You should always consult your own veterinarian, animal expert, or health care professional and follow their advice before making decisions on all matters.
You can find our full set of disclaimers and T & C’s in the footer of this site.
Enjoy your reading, and thank you for being here
The post Sherpa Pet Carrier Reviews & Buyer’s Guide appeared first on The Daily Shep.