Regardless of the occasion, choosing a Gift for someone can be difficult especially if you don’t have any idea what they want. Getting something straight from the gift store is easy, but if you think about it, it all becomes more meaningful when you put a little effort into it.
Why not make them something DIY?
If you have a knack for creating crafts at home (perhaps on your free time), you can surely create unique gift items for your family and friends, no matter the occasion. This simple and do-it-yourself “Surprise Candle” gift idea will make anyone feel special.
With the right tools and a dash of creativity, these gift candles will turn an ordinary occasion to something special and memorable. You can try different scents and treasures to make it more fun. I’ve experimented with a variety of scents like doughnuts, cinnamon, and fairy bread. I have also tried adding small gift items such as lockets and bracelets—all turned out really amazing!
Make your own surprise candles by following these easy steps.
- Gather the materials.
For this project, you will need the following:
- fragrance oil
- candle holder
- candle wax shavings
- candle wick
- wick holder
- aluminum foil
- pouring pot
- double-sided tape
- Wrap and secure the gifts using aluminum foil. Using double-sided tape, stick the surprise gift onto the side of the candle holder.
- Prepare the candle holder. You can use a wick holder to secure the wick when you pour the wax. Most wicks will stand firm when exposed to melted wax. If you have a weak wick, make sure to gently pour the wax to keep it from drooping.
- Melt the wax. Put the shaved candle wax in a pot. In a separate saucepan, heat up water and place the pot. Using a stick, stir the wax and wait for it to melt before you pour the fragrance oil.
- Pour the melted wax into the candle holder.
- Leave the wax for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Let it harden and you’re done!
Gifting loved ones and friends is in itself a sweet gesture. Make it more special by doing something from scratch because at the end of the day, there’s nothing like receiving something that’s made with love.
This post first appeared on Mama Of 3 Munchkins - Mama Of 3 Munchkins Is An In, please read the originial post: here