This post was sponsored by Ling Ling, all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Ling Ling Asian Food products, and you’ve got a great meal the whole family will love!
My kids absolutely love Chinese food. It’s one of the few things that my picky 4 year old daughter will actually eat, and she asks me to order it a couple times a week because she just loves it so much.
While I love ordering Chinese food from our local restaurant, it can get expensive, and I don’t always want to get the kids dressed to go out in the cold weather to pick up food. I have been learning how to cook some of my kids’ favorite Chinese foods at home, so I can quickly whip something up for them when they request it.
Egg rolls, crab rangoons and teriyaki beef are a few of their favorites, and they can be made at home very easily. They have also recently started loving the Garlic & Ginger Sticky Chicken that I usually make for my husband and myself.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make at home. It’s super easy, and so flavorful. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and just a little bit spicy, and my kids just love that sticky sauce. It’s finger-licking good!
There are so many different Ling Ling Asian Food products to choose from, including Drunken Noodles and Yakisoba Noodles, which are authentic Asian style noodles infused with delicious sauces, succulent proteins, and vegetables, fried rice (choose from Yakitori Chicken, Yakiniku Beef, Thai-Style Chicken, Chinese-Style Vegetable and Bibimbap Beef), and chicken or pork potstickers with Ling Ling signature dipping sauce.
One of our favorite Ling Ling Asian Food products is the Chinese-Style Vegetable Fried Rice.
This rice is unbelievably easy to cook up, and it tastes amazing! It’s loaded with vegetables, and my kids gobble it right up without any complaints.
With Chinese New Year coming up on February 16th, I am planning on celebrating at home with my husband and kids. To make things easy, I plan on picking up some of our favorite Ling Ling Asian Foods at the grocery store, and making that delicious Garlic & Ginger Sticky Chicken we all love so much!
My kids are also really excited to make some fun Chinese New Year crafts, like Chinese lanterns, paper plate hand fans, dragon masks and more. There are so many great ideas on Pinterest!
Here’s the recipe for my Garlic & Ginger Sticky Chicken, so you can try it for yourself!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approximately 1.5 pounds) cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- sesame seeds for garnish
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- Whisk together the honey, sriracha, and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour extra virgin olive oil into a skillet over medium high heat and swirl to coat. While the oil heats, sprinkle the salt and pepper evenly over the chicken strips.
- Carefully add the chicken to the hot pan and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Return the pan to the stove, and lower the heat slightly. Add in the garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant, for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the sauce mixture and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. When the sauce is very bubbly and has thickened up a bit, add the shredded carrots and chicken, and toss to coat everything.
- Allow the sauce to reduce to a thick, sticky glaze on the chicken.
- Scoop chicken into lettuce cups and garnish with sesame seeds.
What are your plans for Chinese New Year? Check out the Ling Ling Asian Food Store Locator to find their products at a store near you!
The post Celebrate Chinese New Year with Garlic & Ginger Sticky Chicken appeared first on Sincerely, Mindy.