Do you always consider manicures and pedicures as just a periodic method for pampering yourself? Manicures and pedicures, if regularly done, actually provide great benefits for your overall health and well being, especially during cold and harsh winters. It increase blood circulation, improve the health of your nails, it has a de-stress effect, and undoubtedly keeps hands and feet smooth and soft. Have you heard of Hot Oil manicure?
Curated from Beauty Glimpse
Strong, pearly-white nails with soft, smooth and clean cuticles – this is the exact nail expectation of almost all of us. We girls feel nothing less than heartbroken when our finger nails turn yellow, dry and flaky or they simply snap like we never did love them! Solution? Taking good care of your nails and pampering them just like your other body parts. Precisely, you need hot Oil Manicure treatment in your life, if you really want to ensure the good health of your fingernails. Well, you need to know what the fuss is all about this hot oil manicure before you jump into its benefits section. Let’s go ahead:
What Is Hot Oil Manicure?
The popularity of the hot oil manicure has sky-rocketed in the last decade, and needless to say, it lives up to its claims. The hot oil manicure is basically the most luxurious, relaxing, and expensive nail treatment you can ever opt for your dry, flaky, ribbed, and even severely damaged nails along with cuticles and rest of your hands. The best thing about this special kind of manicure technique is that it uses a heated mixture of nourishing natural oils (olive oil, almond oil, castor oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, sesame oil, mineral oil, tea tree oil, vitamin E oil etc.) for soaking the fingers up. The unique oil blend can be customized and prepared based on the requirements of the individuals for cleaning nails, softening cuticles, and providing nourishment to both of them.
Getting your hot oil manicure treatment at a salon or spa is certainly a good choice as it offers professional services with wide range of products. However, it is an expensive affair and you might not find yourself much comfortable in splurging into it. If that is the case, simply do it yourself at home without spending a fortune. We tell you how to do it rightly yourself. Start with the regular procedure of manicure and stop right before the step where one needs to submerge her fingers in a water-filled bowl. This is the point where the hot oil mixture takes the entry. Here are the steps to follow:
- Take a large microwave-safe bowl and pour 1(1/2) cup of pure almond oil into it.
- Add (1/2) cup of sunflower oil and (1/4) cup of castor oil to it.
- Pour (1/2) cup of organic olive oil and 10-15 drops of tea tree essential oil into the bowl.
- Also, puncture a vitamin E capsule and add its content to the oils. You may replace vitamin E capsule with 1 tablespoon of pure vitamin E oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together very well to form a smooth uniform blend.
- Microwave the oil blend for 30 seconds so that it becomes warm and thin enough to penetrate the skin. Make sure that the temperature of the mixture remains bearable instead of being too hot.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and dip your fingers in the warm oil blend gently. Soak them up until the oil cools off. It might take 4 to 5 minutes for the oil mixture to cool down completely. You can reheat it once more for 20 seconds if you enjoy the dipping session.
- After the oil blend cools down, take your fingers out of it and massage them (including the nail beds, nail edges, cuticles, and the wrist areas) thoroughly with some more oil. Continue it for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Finally, finish off the procedure by washing both of your hands with plain tepid water and drying them up with a soft clean towel
Tips & Precautions
While giving the hot oil manicure a shot at your home, you must keep a few things in your mind. We have listed them down:
- Apply a light moisturizer all over your hands right after going through the hot oil manicure.
- Give your nails a standing time between your hot oil manicure and application of nail polish.
- Stay away from all sorts of soapy products at least for next 5-6 hours.
- Practice this manicure twice every week before going to bed for ensuring the maximum benefits.
Amazing Benefits Of Hot Oil Manicure
As said before, the hot oil manicure treatment provides a plethora of benefits to us and here is a comprehensive list for you:
- Exfoliates and detoxifies the nails and the cuticle.
- Gives a cleaner, whiter, and stronger nails with more delicate and healthy cuticles.
- Makes the skin on the fingers and around the nails, softer, smoother, and more pliable.
- Improves the hand skin texture and makes it glowing over time.
- Nourishes the skin and nails from the inside, thereby slowing down the process of aging.
- Promotes blood circulation throughout the hands.
- Keeps all sorts of hand skin problems at bay, especially in the long run.
- Makes the removal of hangnails much easier.
- Increases the flexibility of fingers and wrists considerably.
- Helps the nails as well as the hands exude beauty and elegance.
In a nutshell, the hot oil manicure is an expensive choice, but it is worth every penny spent. Trust us ladies!